How do I replace this piece? (1965 fish driver-door hinge)

-

Grumpy Pete

Reaction score
This repair kit is about all I can find but my bushing appears to have a lip on the top and bottom compared to the pictured kit? Mine is not repairable, as it is heavy rusted out.

(Feel free to call me an idiot if this is super obvious)

Thanks!

image1.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 8.25.35 AM.png

Hi grouchy , oh , I mean grumpy . The part you have circled is the door check roller and by the looks of it , it has perished . The roller is not included in the kit because it is not the hinge pin . It is toast due to lack of lubrication and just years of use . I have rebuild hinges before and they are a pain . Remove and bench rebuild is easier . Replace with a good used one is even easier . Hint : passanger side hinges usually are in much better shape . Good luck.

Ma Mopar still has them available through parts from what I understand. Same as the full sized van hinges. Dorman has them too if they are the same as the early A's.
Dorman Products - 924-108

Last edited:
I have a set of '63-'66 A-body front door hinges custom-rebuilt with sintered bushings and grease zerks. Send me a PM if interested.

It seems slantsixdan left us hanging here. Where is the thread that explains how to install the four pins and four bushings that come in this "kit" for a '65 A body?

-
Back