How do you get it up?

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
Let me clarify, what's the secret to pull the front wheels you know doing wheelie. How much horsepower would it take and what other supporting staff would help accomplish it in the 1970 swinger. It's one of my bucket list.

Torque + Traction = wheelie.

How you get there is the tricky part.

Lots of ways to skin a cat.

I certainly understand the basics. I know it's a really general question but would like helpful input.

Let me clarify, what's the secret to pull the front wheels you know doing wheelie. How much horsepower would it take and what other supporting staff would help accomplish it in the 1970 swinger. It's one of my bucket list.
FB_IMG_1637863343959.jpg
well 90/10s and torque help you yolo (you only lift one).

by the math it had about 340hp. converter made all the difference in the world with this car... not so much a wheelie but it has air under it...

suspension was junk too.. 100,000 mile slant sis springs and air shocks out back and up from was stock 73 disc set uo with 318 torsion bars and **** shocks..

14" hoosier QTP tires out back.

Poly 318 in a 64 d200 flat bed with 5.13 gears and a 4 spd. :lol: Next. !

by the math it had about 340hp. converter made all the difference in the world with this car... not so much a wheelie but it has air under it...

suspension was junk too.. 100,000 mile slant sis springs and air shocks out back and up from was stock 73 disc set uo with 318 torsion bars and **** shocks..

Co

340hp at the wheels.

best the car ever went was a 12.17 at 108.9 mph. who knows if i really cared about ghetting every tenth out of the car maybe it could have dipped in to the 11's..

best the car ever went was a 12.17 at 108.9 mph. who knows if i really cared about ghetting every tenth out of the car maybe it could have dipped in to the 11's..
I really liked that old rust bucket. lol

What stall converter? I have a 2 ,500 stall I went 12.48 at almost 109

What stall converter? I have a 2 ,500 stall I went 12.48 at almost 109

dynamic 9.5" flashed to about 3800. would foot brake the car to 3000 rpm and launch it..

it was just a mp 9 to 1 short block (508/292 purple cam) with eddy heads, eddy rpm intake, 904 trans and 3.91 gear with a 26" tire.

dynamic 9.5" flashed to about 3800. would foot brake the car to 3000 rpm and launch it..

it was just a mp 9 to 1 short block (508/292 purple cam) with eddy heads, eddy rpm intake, 904 trans and 3.91 gear with a 26" tire.
3,500 going in this year hopefully get more air and 11.99

3,500 going in this year hopefully get more air and 11.99

the difference that the 9.5" converter made was incredible.. entirely different car. still drove around on the street like a stock one though. at the track it felt like you were being shot out of a cannon..lol

the difference that the 9.5" converter made was incredible.. entirely different car. still drove around on the street like a stock one though. at the track it felt like you were being shot out of a cannon..lol
Can't wait.

Lol, I'm trying to avoid that

Get this thread over to racers forum.
You'll get a million replies

What is your set up to start with, that info will help us steer you in the right direction.
That's kind of a tough question because I'm in transition. I want to go through my 340 this winter so I have options. The builds will be between 450 and 500 horsepower with about the same torque. Gear ratios 391 tire size is 26 in 275 50 15 drag radials, 4 speed car , clutch rated for 450 horsepower, drive shaft rated for 500 horsepower, 741 , 8.75, new 6 leaf spring packs, solid motor mounts.

That's kind of a tough question because I'm in transition. I want to go through my 340 this winter so I have options. The builds will be between 450 and 500 horsepower with about the same torque. Gear ratios 391 tire size is 26 in 275 50 15 drag radials, 4 speed car , clutch rated for 450 horsepower, drive shaft rated for 500 horsepower, 741 , 8.75, new 6 leaf spring packs, solid motor mounts.
Add some caltracs or assassin bars & you should get a good hook, obviously less weight up front.
Might wanna look into building a 742 or 489 chunk with a spool for drag. They're alot stronger at the pinion. But you maybe okay with the 741

With the thread title "How do you get it up" I wanted to respond differently. lol

-
Back