how do you like your carport?

-

fratzog lover

Reaction score
Well, the $ 200 10x20 car shelters are worn, the canopy is worn and flapping. A new garage is alot of cash, so we went the carport route. Anyone use Carolina Carport? Last Friday they came and installed it in about 2.5 hours. In Jersey they have to be certified, so that was a $200 extra , but its going to withstand 130 mph winds. The dart and subie fit with room to spare. So far is looks like $2200 well spent. Since its up against our fence on one side, we had a back and the other side closed in. Anyone else go this route? Wonder how they last over the decades?

Attachments

• WP_20150321_16_33_14_Pro[1].jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 330
I have two, First one come from carolina carports and it is 18x21 same setup as yours. The next one was from elephants structures and is 24x41 enclosed sides and vertical roof.... Both have held up very good.

For the money you can't go wrong for storage.

If I were to do it again I would of got vertical roof on both of them. The either slides off or pulls off easier with the vertical roof. The building it also built much better that route

my larger building with vertical roof

I don't have enough cars taking off and landing here to justify building a car port....

You have some storage there!

That is only the one building lol.. I have two smaller carports around plus the shop I work out of and I am still out of room. Can never have too much storage. I can not see anything sitting out in the rain, snow, sun etc.

But back to the topic for the 2200 you spent it is a great building and they install it. Here in NY if they are not full enclosed they are untaxable as well.

Leaning on a sunken foundation, to be replaced with a garage. I liked it so much, that I bought it that way.

I may do something similar to what you folks have in the back yard for the time being. We'll see.

heres whet i wanna know. why does new york still have such terrible ugly plates? even montana finally got the message somewhat

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 220
Those are New Yorks new plates no less. They were white/blue. A few years back they went to the new yellow/blue. You can still run the old plates if you still have them.

Wish I didn't have to run a front plate. Even if you put it up in the windshield it is a ticket.

Jersey is still one of a couple left that require a front plate. So unnecessary, and annoying if you have a Vette or such.

-
Back