How long did it take you to decide to sell your car

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Been kicking around the possibility of selling my sort of 74 Scamp that has had many changes through the 25 years of ownership. Just don't drive it much anymore and enjoy it like I use to. Into trucks now love my 72 C10 and just bought a 50 Studebaker R2-5. How much agonizing time did it take you to finally decide to sell your pride also how did you come up with a fair price. Liking old and slow like me

IMO, Everything is harder to sell nowadays since the covid thing happened. Have you seen some of the prices crappy mid 70's c-10s are going for on craigslist? insane. If you want a buyer super quick, advertise it for a price that would of been reasonable a few years ago. then you just need to think how much you love it and don't let that influence the price. The new buyer will not care if you have a sentimental attachment to it, all the buyer will see is the flaws.
good luck

IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5288.jpg
I sold a 56 coronet a couple years ago. Started at 22K. Sold it for 11K. Dude drove up from Sacramento with a trailer to get it. I still get pictures from him. He hasnt changed a thing on it. Sold it to the right guy. There is value in that. If you have attachment to it. I didnt have a huge amount, but I put some elbow grease into that one.

The wife and I were talking. I mentioned that the 2 Mopar's I own won't be the last. I'm not done with the hobby yet. When the right 64 Dodge comes along (330,440 or Polara) I will pull the trigger and own it. I thought I better tell her so it won't be a surprise when I come driving in with one. I can only store 2 so one or the other or both will get a new home. I like my 66 and my Swinger but it's not like they were my high school car and have to keep them.

Toolman wanna trade ??
I regret selling every time. But My wife said that I'd rather build them than keeping them.
And in a way she is right.
IMG_2860.jpg

It is not the decision to sell the car now it is the anguish that you may feel a year or two from now when you realize that you really loved that car and post a "Looking for my old Scamp" ad.

On the other had if you just hate the car get rid of it.

On the other other hand if you are not enjoying it give or sell it to someone who will love it rather than have it rust to uselessness.

I have sold many years ago to replace with another and had a hard time letting go. In the last 15 years I have sold complete or nearly complete for financial reasons. Now I have 20 project cars and will probably never finish even 1/2 of them. It is all up to you to know when to let go.

IMO, Everything is harder to sell nowadays since the covid thing happened. Have you seen some of the prices crappy mid 70's c-10s are going for on craigslist? insane. If you want a buyer super quick, advertise it for a price that would of been reasonable a few years ago.

oh HELL no! things aren't hard to sell at all.. people are buying like crazy. screw a few years ago pricing. put a high number on that *****, you may be surprised at how much you actually get for it...

oh HELL no! things aren't hard to sell at all.. people are buying like crazy. screw a few years ago pricing. put a high number on that *****, you may be surprised at how much you actually get for it...
huh. personally, a few friends are trying to sell their vehicle "collections" since they want to move out of the state and they are getting nobody. not even one tire kicker or lowballer.

Been kicking around the possibility of selling my sort of 74 Scamp that has had many changes through the 25 years of ownership. Just don't drive it much anymore and enjoy it like I use to. Into trucks now love my 72 C10 and just bought a 50 Studebaker R2-5. How much agonizing time did it take you to finally decide to sell your pride also how did you come up with a fair price. Liking old and slow like me

if you didn't have new toys already you may regret i the sale.. being you have new interests and don't get joy out of the scamp then let it go and use the money for the other toys you enjoy.. thats my opinion...

huh. personally, a few friends are trying to sell their vehicle "collections" since they want to move out of the state and they are getting nobody. not even one tire kicker or lowballer.

that may be in your area but most places in the country things are moving for great money and people are spending a ton of money since the whole pandemic started..

that may be in your area but most places in the country things are moving for great money and people are spending a ton of money since the whole pandemic started..

Yeah, I think location has a lot to do with it. in commiefornia, we are jUUUUUUUUst about to open up again to at least 50%-75% capacity. and since we still have that federal $300 a month unemployment thing, everyone is not stimulating the economy and its just terrible.

It was a hard decision to make when I sold my 70 Dart after some 20 years of enjoyment, I still sometimes wonder if I made the right choice. I think I have overlooked the negatives that led me to sell it, and remember only the fun things that I did while I had it. It was getting pretty tired and was going need a complete mechanical makeover, that was the biggest reason, I just didn't want to put a lot more time and money into it. But now I am trying to resurrect a pos that's in far worse shape than that car would have ever been in my ownership and finding myself lacking in motivation.

Like some have said I enjoy the process of rebuilding a car or truck have several under my belt that have went to new homes for some reason this one has just sort of hung around. It's a 4 speed car broke my left heel from a fall a couple years ago and my right shoulder has seen it's better days so shifting is a little painful at times have to use two arms to put into reverse thought about switching to an automatic but that won't happen wouldn't be the same car. Yes storage is also an issue, I'm terrible at selling stuff mainly because I know the little quirks about it which every car has nothing is perfect unless you pay really big bucks. Have a couple small issue to correct then we'll see. This 74 Scamp has a 69 Valiant front clip - 71 Dart rear bumper etc - fresh 5.9 magnum with Fitech fuel injection - Hemi Denney (HDK) front K member and suspension like me the car is showing it's age but is still very nice and really don't know how to price it not much to compare that's on the market or has sold

We've bought and sold so many through the years, it's really not too hard for us. Once it crosses our mind about possibly selling one, cash we want in front of our noses would take it that day.

So.... I'm about to sell my 68GTS. What's the best way to determine what it's worth? I've done the search and it seems prices are all over the place.

So.... I'm about to sell my 68GTS. What's the best way to determine what it's worth? I've done the search and it seems prices are all over the place.
Price it at the high side of what you are thinking. You can always come down but cant go up.

Sold this one to get out of debt and get a water heater. Still have the water heater and still out of debt.... Great car.... really fast...stick...BB.... but don't regret it or miss it. On to the next, and gonna make it better!

20200104_144957.jpg

Sell it OP..... Life is a box of Chocolates so why tie yourself to one vehicle if you desire to own something else? The regret thing people have about selling their baby is really a case by case deal. It's really only something you can answer for yourself....

JW

-
Back