How long will it take?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Want to pull my 96 Breeze/Neon transaxle to hunt for a nasty ATF leak. I think its the convertor seal or a cracked convertor. I get a 6" puddle every time I stop. Will do it in my driveway: jackstands, ramps, cherry picker, pneumatics..just dont want to hit a snag, ie special tool or puller for something. Thanks. Will do the main seal too. I think there is a driver needed for that but if its not bad, Ill pass. tricks or shortcuts?

When you go to pull the axles, loosen the sway bar up. Makes separating the ball joints a lot easier. Also, I have seen in the past where the pin in the differential starts to walk out and will rub a hole thru the case inside the bell housing. Not the most common thing to happen, but it's a possibility.

I just replaced my 96 cirrus with an 06 charger which I replaced the rack and about every ball joint under it but never removed the trans.Thinking about the setup I think removing the engine toghther might be easier in the long run but in the drive that might be too big of a job.Just from memory the trans may have to drop to come out so you'll need it in the air.2.5 v6 or the 2.4 I4 I had the v6 and it was tight in there,don't know about the 2.4.Either way good luck and remember its never as bad once you get started than it seems before hand.
BTW I had mine for 15 years and its still going.

-
Back