How many 1976 Plymouth Dusters were made?

-

Dakota Smith

1976 340 Feather Duster
Reaction score
I have a 1976 Plymouth Duster with a 340. I cannot find any information on how many were made and I figured they were pretty rare because I can never find any for sale. I am curious at how much they are worth and how rare they are. Does anyone know where I can find that information?

Clean Duster.jpg

Welcome, that looks like a nice Duster!

Well someone put a 340 in some time after it left the factory since 1973 was the last year of the 340 engine. Have you actually checked the side of the block near the starter motor to confirm it’s actually a 340 block? Lots of folks sell a 318 or 360 V8 passing it off as a 340. Post the VIN of the car as that will tell us if the came with a 225 or 318 from the factory.

Welcome, that looks like a nice Duster!

Well someone put a 340 in some time after it left the factory since 1973 was the last year of the 340 engine. Have you actually checked the side of the block near the starter motor to confirm it’s actually a 340 block? Lots of folks sell a 318 or 360 V8 passing it off as a 340. Post the VIN of the car as that will tell us if the came with a 225 or 318 from the factory.
Yes, that is how I know it has a 340 in it.

Welcome to FABO, nice looking car.
Is it really a Feather Duster, or is it just a decal?
Real ones are rare!

Welcome to FABO, nice looking car.
Is it really a Feather Duster, or is it just a decal?
Real ones are rare!
Didn't they come with a /6, OD 833, and some aluminum body panels?

Didn't they come with a /6, OD 833, and some aluminum body panels?
Feather Dusters came with aluminum bumper "reinforcements" behind the bumpers, aluminum hood and trunk reinforcements, slant six's with aluminum intakes. There were a considerable weight savings through it all. The bumper brackets, hood and trunk bring pretty good money as swap meet items. In fact, if i could find them, and reasonably priced, I'd buy some for my '76 Duster.

If you'll give us the first six digits of the VIN, we can tell you what the original motor was.

In '76, they did offer a 360 Duster, but as said above 1973 was the last year for the 340.

-
Back