How many, have nursed a knocking Rod home?

-
I use to be in to toyota pickups, i would.swap out motors twice a year. The Biannual engine swap my roomates called it. this was when i was younger and much dumber.
Id buy em from pick and pull, pull one, rebuild it then swap em when i finished off the old one....

I was out at Hollister Hills and had a bad knock, figured , F it i ant got a trailer so drive thos pig home... made it about 15 miles and Windowed the block. pistion was hanging out the side....

got a "new" 22R at pick an pull put it in on the side of the road...and drove it home....

superbowl sunday, Broncos Giants 1987. four hours before the game we decided to go shooting to kill some time. jumped in the 73' Dart /6 drove 40 miles out and wasted a few boxes of ammo. about half way home i knew something was wrong, then the knock started. 5 miles later i had the pedal to the floor, only able to get 50 mph. we were laughing just wanting to make it home for the game because /6's are cheap and easily available if it decided to throw a rod through the block... which it did :finga:
after tearing it down i realized it was my fault as the day before i did a full tune up, oil change and valve cover gasket and i obviously missed some of the old gasket as it fell into the pan and clogged the pick up :banghead:

-
Back