How many remember these?

-

Krooser

Building Chinese Free Engines since 1959...
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1556812471825.jpg
FB_IMG_1556812457213.jpg
FB_IMG_1556812406663.jpg

FB_IMG_1556812396584.jpg

Hello All,
1960s and 1970s
Incredible of a time to a kid.
Do you remember when the whellie cars would tow the guy behind them with the steel shoes and or the steel plate that he would sit on?
Or Joie chitwood at the 1964 world's fair?"
Happy Mopar :
Arron

Yesiree……….Recognize Great Lakes Dragway as well....Boy those were the days..I didn't have a worry in the world..LOL

I remember watching the wheel standers, the guy being dragged on the shoes and the plate, the kite-bike, motorcycle jumpers, car jumpers, and jet cars. We even had a Fox on the Run race where girls in bikinis would run down the track!
The 1970s had some wild stuff going on at the tracks.

I remember the Little Red Wagon running a 1/4 mile wheelie, turning around and doing another one back to the starting line.

That's the "Back up Pickup"....

I had Maverick visit my dirt track in '87...he was on vacation. He asked me if he could bring the wagon along next week.

Sure enough next Friday he's doing wheelstands on the front straightaway!!!!

I remember the paddy wagon,either a magazine or a model.. was a long time ago.

I remember years ago a guy here was testing a new build. It was an older van but the engine (440) had been moved back to behind the front seats. He couldn't get it to run faster than a 13.10 (at the time I talked to him). He blamed it on the van having about the same aerodynamics as a free falling safe.

Was he doing an "Endo"?

Get a decent speed going and hit the brakes, nose dive and rear end comes up!!

I remember the Little Red Wagon running a 1/4 mile wheelie, turning around and doing another one back to the starting line.

I remember him at Tulsa, the traction wasn`t good enough back then for him to hold them up every time !

I remember years ago a guy here was testing a new build. It was an older van but the engine (440) had been moved back to behind the front seats. He couldn't get it to run faster than a 13.10 (at the time I talked to him). He blamed it on the van having about the same aerodynamics as a free falling safe.

When we used to go to the NED bracket finals in the early 1980's there was a guy there running a van like that called "The Hairy Greek". It had either a 440 or a hemi in it at the time. I can't remember what he was running though. A friend at our track ran a Gremlin with SBC. That thing would not MPH.

I seen the original wheelie stander at the nationals some years ago. The old guy, don't remember his name, got married at the end of the track after doing a run. Pretty cool

Searched Hairy Greek and this ad came up. Says that was the original name of the van. The one I remembered was a full van not a pickup, but this may have been version 2. It did say it was hemi powered, now a 440.

hairy greek.jpg

hairy greek engine.jpg

I remember the backup pickup. My uncle took me to see the little red wagon in 1968, I was seven.

Hello All,
Wile walking through last weekends swap meet I came across this little treasure.
Remembering this thread I just had to spend the $5.00 asking price.
Now all i need is to find some glue and paint at the next swap meet.
Enjoy.
P/S Happy Memorial Day,
Please take one moment to honor the men and women who have died while serving in the military.
They gave so we can enjoy.
Happr Mopar:)
Arron
Little red Wagon 2.jpg

Can't forget seeing that go down the track at the nationals. I think that I actually had a matchbox car of it when I was a kid. Have to research that to see if they actually came out with that.

Once they got off the ground they were steered using a handbrake in each hand since the front wheels were just hangin'!!! Plexiglass panel in the floor to watch where the lines were - what a hoot!

I’ve never seen them in person. This is 1 that I have. Kim
Hello oldkimmer,
Interesting that the box is in English and French "Camionnett"
Wonder if all the model kits were in both languages Or if that is the export box and the USA box would be only in english.
Welcome to Liberty Classics
Any way that is way cool.
Happy Mopar:)
Arron

-
Back