How much HP

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
On a pretty well sorta out combo that has a good working chassis, roughly how much flywheel HP will it take to make a 3200lb car with driver go 6.40's in the 1/8th?

On a pretty well sorta out combo that has a good working chassis, roughly how much flywheel HP will it take to make a 3200lb car with driver go 6.40's in the 1/8th?
It should be an easy one for the Wallace calculator...

Calculators are helpful but to scientific and exacting for the real world. There a great tool for “What could be.” But do not help much in the way of why it isn’t. It would be worth a quick trip to play with one for a good idea of what it should take to run the fine.

Though I like reading and look forward to what others have done to do it.

Thanks, kind of hoping someone that has dynoed their motor and have track results will chim in as well.
I'm not a big believer in a dyno for anything more than a tuning device. honestly I would think about 425 to 450 horsepower at the wheels with a very well sorted out suspension at that weight should get you there...

6.40 is about a 10.0.

That’s going to be somewhere in the 625-650hp range, maybe a little less if the combo is really optimized for the 1/8.

The Moroso chart shows 580hp for a 10.0 @3200lbs.
That’s uncorrected power, the motor in the car, sitting at the starting line.

Obviously you’ll need more “standard corrected” power at a higher elevation track compared to somewhere that’s closer to sea level.

On the east coast where most of the tracks are at a fairly low elevation....... if you have legit dyno numbers, and your car is fairly well sorted out, and the weather doesn’t totally suck...... you should be able to get the numbers on the Moroso chart to come within 10% of the std corrected dyno numbers.
So, 650hp std corrected.....90% of that = 585hp.

As with all this stuff........”ymmv”.

Last edited:
-
Back