How much less weight

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the weight savings of a pr of Edelbrock SB aluminum heads and a RPM intake over the cast iron parts?
Also while we are on the subject. Is there any weight savings of a RMS front suspension with coil overs and a rack and pinion also with light weight Wilwood discs?

This is my 68 Barracuda that has the RMS front end and Wilwood brakes already. And the engine is a 416 that has the Indybrock heads on it and the RPM intake. I was just curious what the total weight savings might be over stock? I hope to have this project on the road soon.

5-13-16 first time the 416 was in the barracuda.jpg

About 40 to 45 ,across the head (iron to Eddy) swap,when I weighed mine ,Roy ... (aluminum intakes ,cancel each other out....)

Damn now if I were really serious about the car weighing less, I'd put my fat *** on a diet! I'm a petite 335 lbs!

It looks like your discounting a few other weight savings parts. Heater core and all related items. Wiper motor gone too?

Yes, no Heater box at all. But yes it has wipers. I need to get some current pictures and post them. The engine only needs the holley installed and make up two short fuel lines to start it up. If I can get this damn back of mine to heal up a little so I can work on it.

Look at all that room for headers!
I already have the headers on. And I was dreading putting them on. I've never had a set go on that didn't cause me a headache! I had a set of TTI #340 headers. They absolutely slipped right in with out a single issue. I was shocked to say the least.

Yeah I'm not sure were going for a pound here pound there kind of thing. I mean come on. He has already stated that he is a sexy 355. He just needs to get to a damn hot 255 which will shave a tenth off his ET and I would guess tickle his Doctor pink. Abiet a touch harder to get the natural transmission hoist to reach as high as it once would though.

Yeah I'm not sure were going for a pound here pound there kind of thing. I mean come on. He has already stated that he is a sexy 355. He just needs to get to a damn hot 255 which will shave a tenth off his ET and I would guess tickle his Doctor pink. Abiet a touch harder to get the natural transmission hoist to reach as high as it once would though.
335,335. not 355! hell I'm fat enough! Don't make me any fatter!

you can probably shave a pound or so by removing the carpet from the radiator

its not funny if i have to explain it :(

but look at that picture of the engine bay you posted...doesnt it look like the radiator has blue carpet on it?
Duh, I'm a little slow. My family sedan was the yellow short bus! That was a towel I laid across there.

-
Back