how much oil RV-2 comp

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm now to the point of putting the A/C system on the Dart. Can someone tell me how much Ester oil to add to the system? I drained the compressor and flushed the system, new dryer so the entire system is empty.

3 or 4 ounces is a good starting point. I'm sure somebody can be more precise than that.

You should make sure you flushout all the old mineral oil with a special fushing solution availabe from most big auto parts stores. Then with a new drier and with an empty compresser that was either new or flushed out ( remember to replace the crankshaft gas seal and lube it with the new oil type) it needs 10 to 12 ounces of oil. This came right from a Chrysler service book.

You should make sure you flushout all the old mineral oil with a special fushing solution availabe from most big auto parts stores. Then with a new drier and with an empty compresser that was either new or flushed out ( remember to replace the crankshaft gas seal and lube it with the new oil type) it needs 10 to 12 ounces of oil. This came right from a Chrysler service book.

Thanks for the info, I drained but didn't flush the comp. everything else is new, hoses, dryer,valve. That is why I'm going to use Ester instead of Pag oil for the mynute mineral oil that might be left in it.

-
Back