how much tranny fluid for a 727

-

joe440

Reaction score
Im ready to put the tranny fluid in, just wondering how many quarts? Ive herd answers from 9 to 13...
Thanks

Sounds like you need a service manual. I know not what you wanted to here but them things come in handy.

That is the best place for the right answer...Did my jeep a few weeks ago, took 17 pints. I thought it would have been 6 or 7.

What do you have? I have a few manuals I can check for ya.

1969 Plymouth shop manual shows 15 1/2pints (including the Torque Converter) for the standard 727 and 18 1/2 pints for the high performance 727.

When I drained my 727, I also drained the torque converter. I had to add 8.5 quarts to bring it up to full. I also have heard others say about 10-12qts. I would go buy 10 quarts, add 7 quarts, start it up in neutral to let the converter fill (if you drained it like I did, 1970 and up have drains in case you did not know).. pull the car onto a level surface and check/add as required. If you bought one to many quarts of fluid, you can always return it or keep on the shelf. :) Good luck!

thanks, and its never been filled up, its freshly rebuilt and im just ready to start the motor for the first time also, so ill put in 8 cause i got the deep pan and see what i need to do. Thanks all

It depends on the size of the convertor. I put in about 3 quarts, start it, run it through the gears, repeat til ful.

-
Back