How much window felt/mohair needed '65 Barracuda?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I was examining the window channels after I stripped the '65 Formula S for body/paint. It seems the side windows don't have much in the way of window channel/guide felt. All I could find in my stash of parts was a narrow rubbery seal in the front channel of the door window (which is also the frame for the vent window) and a wider felt (mohair?) seal for what I believe is the rear channel for the door window. I did not find anything requiring felt/mohair for the tracks/guides of the rear side windows inside the body (unless I missed something).

Who has refreshed all the window seals and can explain what the steps/materials are? I did find this "mohair" product that might work somewhere on the vehicle:
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Parts | MD8066 | 1960-76 Mopar Mohair Liner 2-5/8 Wide x 8' Long | Classic Industries

DSC04518.JPG

DSC04520.JPG

DSC04521.JPG

DSC04522.JPG

DSC04523.JPG

DSC04524.JPG

DSC04525.JPG

what you have linked to is what goes into the bottom piece in picture 1. I used self stick velcro, the softer side not the hooked side for my car since I wanted a stick synthetic in the wetter areas of my car(convertible). 2 5/8" is a little tight for my convertible rear guides and I went with 3" using a screen rubber roller for house screens /windows, couldn't find the old pizza roller/cutter.

The glass channel run material is very similar to the velcro material. You will need approximately 42 inches of the narrow channel run and the rear channel run would be 24 inches. The front vent window frame appears to be lined with metal liner with the stainless bead on each side. If you should like to remove the channel, then the length would be approximately the same, but you would need to know the width and depth of the channel to find one which would work correctly with your car.

-
Back