How should i paint 65 barracuda grill?

-
The center, body color.....screens, black....the rest, chrome.

If you do decide to go chrome, post a picture please. I've never seen one in chrome before. Might be something I'd consider when I paint the car black later on.

Depends on what you want to do. The factory painted the center section in body color. I'm throwing out a black one for you to compare. It's your car, do as you wish.

Attachments

• mopp_0905_01_z+1965_barracuda+front_view.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 727
  • mopp_1108_01+1965_plymouth_barracuda+.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 1965%20Barracuda%20front blue s.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 721
just as the man says center matches the body color sides chrome, but as the world turns one may do as one choses to do!

I painted mine black and I think it ties the whole front end in nicely.

A tip for paint removal use some stripper. I used the orange in the can stuff and it worked great took some time but well worth it.

This car is beautiful. I think that I like the black grille.

Attachments

• MM Cuda.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 681
[64physhyPersonally, I like it body color, but would be interested in seeing one in chrome.]

Here's mine - first shot is pretty much as I bought it.
Second shot is after a lot of detail work and I painted the grill black - which happens to be body color too. :icon_smi: Made my decision easier

Attachments

• 2 Fish 003a.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 645
  • IMGP8913a.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 640
They weren't all painted body color. When I was a kid I walked past the Chrysler/Plymouth garage and the Ford garage every day to get to school. In September of 1964 I walked by and both places had the new '65s under covers until the release date. In those days on the new model release day you could go in and get hot dogs, hamburgers, free pop, popcorn, candy,balloons, trinkets and usually have an opportunity to win some prizes.(if you were 18 or some old age like that...) Anyway, I walked by each day wondering what kind of new excitement lurked under those big white sheets. Finally, one Saturday my Dad and I went down to the shops and watched them unveil the new '65 models. The boring Fords uncovered theirs earlier and after we left the Ford shop we went over and saw the Chrysler/Plymouths. The first one uncovered was some big Chrysler which I can't remember. The next was a 1965 Sport Fury convertible and the last one was a Barracuda. It didn't seem real exciting as I had seen the same model for 64-1/2. This one WAS a Formula S though which was pointed out with signs and posters they brought out as soon as it was uncovered. It was turquoise with a white stripe and I distinctly remember the grille center was matte black. Since I saw that black grille on new model release day in '65 I have always preferred them painted that way. It may have been the only one that was done that way but ALL weren't body color.

[64physhyPersonally, I like it body color, but would be interested in seeing one in chrome.]

Second shot is after a lot of detail work and I painted the grill black - which happens to be body color too. :icon_smi: Made my decision easier

The first pic, is that chromed? cant really tell.

Scotty, pic post what you decide. Before and after.

Have one chromed.Came with the car when I bought it.Have a second one that will be painted or powdercoated.Will swap them out from time to time just to get a little different look.Both are in storage,still alot of work to be done on my car before either one is installed.

Yeah, someone before me decided it should be chrome...
Ohh, I think it looked awesome with the chrome... On a black car that is. Don't think my red one wood look as good... But the black centerpiece I liked... Liked a lot... =D>

Do you still have the chrome grill and would you like the sell it?

-
Back