How to become a hunchback...

-

halfafish

Damn those rabbits, and their holes!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is buy a lift (Best Shop Tool Ever!) and then not be able to get the idea out of your head that you will blast yourself every time you walk under it. Sometimes I have it a bit low so I have to duck under the ramp to stand up underneath it, but mostly I have at least several inches to a foot of overhead clearance but I will STILL duck when walking under it. Every time. I walk around under the car all bent over even when I for-sure know I can't hit my head on it. Did I mention I do this every time? Here is me with the ramp at its lowest setting where I can walk under it, yet I still duck.

20191027_171036.jpg

I think I need to ask Santa for a new brain. One that works this time please. :eek::eek::eek:

All you have to do is buy a lift (Best Shop Tool Ever!) and then not be able to get the idea out of your head that you will blast yourself every time you walk under it. Sometimes I have it a bit low so I have to duck under the ramp to stand up underneath it, but mostly I have at least several inches to a foot of overhead clearance but I will STILL duck when walking under it. Every time. I walk around under the car all bent over even when I for-sure know I can't hit my head on it. Did I mention I do this every time? Here is me with the ramp at its lowest setting where I can walk under it, yet I still duck.

View attachment 1715425873

I think I need to ask Santa for a new brain. One that works this time please. :eek::eek::eek:
You look cross-eyed in that picture LOL
If you keep doing that they're going to stay that way LOL..

Its genetic. You lower your head when you go under something. I hit my head more wearing a hard hat 3 inches taller than me. I must think I'm invincible wearing a plastic hat.

It's pure self-preservation, you know it only takes hitting that one time and you'll have wished you ducted and squatted all your life...

Sorta like walking under helicopter rotors. Most are way too high to hit your head, but who's not gonna duck?

When I was in auto school, I would set the lift at a comfortable height for me. Then the instructor or a taller classmate would come along to lend a helping hand and usually "thud"

I had my wife's Dakota on the lift when we rebuilt it, and she helped me with most of the work. Every time I turned around I was banging my head on something while we were putting the new 545RFE in it! She told me she was gonna buy me a rock climbing helmet for Christmas....lol.

I'm 5'2" I rarely hit my head on anything at a job site...and according to my dad my head is made out of solid granite anyway so why bother with a plastic hat.

-
Back