How to get correct plates?

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
So, my '68 barracuda has those ugly (for an old car) new style california plates. I was wondering how in the heck can I get a correct set of '68 date coded black and yellow CA plates? Any ideas?

So, my '68 barracuda has those ugly (for an old car) new style california plates. I was wondering how in the heck can I get a correct set of '68 date coded black and yellow CA plates? Any ideas?

buy a set and take them dmv, out here the call mdv or something??, and see if they are taken if not!! ur set! and if they give u crap about the plates, order "custom plates with the same number and just use the black and yellows:snakeman:

I was told you need the plates (probably have to be out of DMV's system). Then you have to buy the correct month and year stickers for when the car was new. You take them to DMV tell them they are the correct plates for the car.

The plates will set you back $200-$300 and the stickers maybe close to the same.

I to would like to change back to black and yellow plates on my 68 so if anybody has first hand experiance that would be nice to hear.

Both plate and stickers can be bought at the auto swap meets and maybe ebay.

-
Back