How to Identify 70-72 A-Body Seat Tracks

Mopar Interiors

1. Six Barrel Bill

Six Barrel Bill Active Member

Local Time:
    7:29 AM
    I've searched a lot and have not found an answer to this question. Is there a way to identify buck seat tracks for 70-72 A-Body? Part #, dimensions, anything of the sort?

Thanks, Bill

2. Alaskan_TA

Alaskan_TA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:29 AM
    1970 & early to mid -' 71 have track release slide locking mechanisms on the inboard & outboard tracks.

After that, on the outer track with the release lever only.

3. fastmark

fastmark New Member

Local Time:
    8:29 AM
    Not sure if you were asking the differences in the years or not but I have what I believe to be a set of 72 a body tracks. The partial build sheet was from a 72 Duster under the springs. They look different than any 70-74 e or 68 to 70 b that I have. I’m trying to find out if they will fit a 75 and it looks like the floor is different on one side. I may could post some pictures

4. Six Barrel Bill

Six Barrel Bill Active Member

Local Time:
    7:29 AM
    So I'm trying to find bucket seat tracks for my daughter's 71 Demon. I'm guessing that 70-72 will definitely work, maybe even 73. From what I understand, mid 74 they started putting cats in the cars which changed the floors, which in turn changed the seat tracks to accommodate the new floor.

Anyway, to clarify I was wondering how to know when I'm looking at the correct seat tracks such as dimensions or even identify part numbers. As of now, all I really know is when they are attached to the seat, the studs should be ~12" on center. Left to right and front to back, at least the dimples in the floor pan to drill the holes measure out to those specs. I have also heard '72s wouldn't normally have the wire that connects the tracks to each other (release mechanism), but '70-'71 do?

If I can find a set I don't care if they are 70, 71 or 72 for her car.

Thanks, Bill

5. George Jets

George Jets 1967 Dart 2 Door FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:29 AM
    72 Duster Bucket Seat Tracks IMG952018030495155250186.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.