How to move a 700 lb fish tank with one guy?

-
I've been into the Salt Water tank hobby for about 10-15 years. Things sure have changed. I'm running a 90g display with a 30 gallon sump. I've swapped from metal halide lighting to LED. I changed over in October of last year and have saved over $600 in running costs.

Love my little piece of the ocean. However with the "Save the animals" people it's getting harder and harder to collect. But I doubt I'll ever give up. Kids love it, guests love it. It's easy to maintain. Mine is computer controlled. All I do is water changes and cleaning once a month.

I'd really like to expand my coral and fish but I'm out of room. Except for another couple small fish. Maybe a Flame Angel or something.

Riddler

The tank did not fit under the roof overhang... I had to jack up the tank and stand, crib it then remove the two 2x6s and castors, then reattach the castors to the legs.. that was sketchy... even so i had to use a floor jack to lift the roof and it still just fit. here u can see where it scrapped the paint off on its way in..

I also had to move my snow plow truck but i forgot the keys.. hummm..
not being the type to just give up, what to do??? 3/8s drill bit solved that issues..

All in all it took 3 days to get the tank inside and set up. I managed to do it all by my self and not get squashed like a bug...

I literally finished the plumbing and left an hour later. It makes me verry worried to just drive away after all that and leave it in my renters not so capable hands but thats what i had to do...
The tank will be running fresh water for about a year unitll I can move back to tahoe and.change it over to salt. None of how i did this was ideal but its just the way it had to be done as theres no way I could ever afford something like this.
Thanks and remember nothing is impossible, some stuff is just dam close...
enjoy!

Sounds like you had a real mentally stable ex ! :realcrazy:
I had the most fun with a 55 gallon I had some Wimple Piranha in. I had four nice one, about 6"-8" long. My ex poured bleach in the tank and killed them the day she left. I've not had another tank since.

-
Back