How to Rebuild a Small Block Part 4: Pre Flight Inspection After Machine Shop Before Assembly

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
Really like what your doing.

I want to point out a couple of things.
The later in 72 340 also had a cast crank and the 318 roller came out a year or so before the 360 roller.

Really like what your doing.

The later in 72 340 also had a cast crank and the 318 roller came out a year or so before the 360 roller.

Great write-up. Thanks

Nice job Karl.

Thanks guys... The compliments help get me motivated to keep going...

I've already started part 5: installing the crank... It's getting longer than I originally thought it would be, but I will keep pushing on... I should have part 5 finished by tomorrow if things go well...

Thanks for the corrections... I like to have accurate information...

Most of my experience has been on 67 - 71 year engines as those are my favorite years of Mopar...

As much as I know, there is also alot that I don't... I'm not so arrogant to think that I know everything... I like to keep an open mind and learn from others...

Meh. I'm glad you got the tech editor thing back. You deserve it.

Thanks... I asked Joey if he could give me back the tech editor priviledges so I can do this series on building an engine...

I've been planning on doing this build series for a few years now and finally got a chance to document a build with my youngest son (@ValiantK360)... He picked up a very clean 68 Valiant Signet 4 door from another FABO member (@Sedanman) a few years back and I gave him one of my 360's to build for it to swap out the 170 slant 6 that came in the Valiant... We have the short block together and he has gone to live with his mom in NC while he goes to college, but we will finish it when he comes to visit on his holiday breaks...

In the mean time I have most of the pictures that I need from other builds that I have done and can use them to continue for the rest... The only one that I don't have documented yet is degreeing a cam, but I can fill that in later as an "A or B" supplement when he comes back and we degree his cam... That is why you may see more than one engine in this series when it's done...

Thanks... I asked Joey if he could give me back the tech editor priviledges so I can do this series on building an engine...

I've been planning on doing this build series for a few years now and finally got a chance to document a build with my youngest son (@ValiantK360)... He picked up a very clean 68 Valiant Signet 4 door from another FABO member (@Sedanman) a few years back and I gave him one of my 360's to build for it to swap out the 170 slant 6 that came in the Valiant... We have the short block together and he has gone to live with his mom in NC while he goes to college, but we will finish it when he comes to visit on his holiday breaks...

In the mean time I have most of the pictures that I need from other builds that I have done and can use them to continue for the rest... The only one that I don't have documented yet is degreeing a cam, but I can fill that in later as an "A or B" supplement when he comes back and we degree his cam... That is why you may see more than one engine in this series when it's done...

Cool. You needed to have it anyway. I drew too much attention to the whole thing. This is going to be a really nice writeup when you're done. Better than all the rags published today.

-
Back