How to refinish plastic 70 bucket seat backs

-

JoeDragster

Reaction score
My black 70 plastic bucket seat backs have seen better days but there should be a way to re-furbish these to go with my new seat covers.

looked for a thread and did not find it. Any guidance appreciated

I redid the ones on my cuda they had like a white dusty deterioration to them I cleaned them with simple green and scotch bright until all that was gone and painted them with the mopar matching color aerosol it removed some material so the texture wasnt the same as original in places but it looked better than the white crusty crap.

SEM products are pretty much as good as it gets.
Go to there website, because they also have a cleaning agent, and adhesion product. There you go.
PS: Have the same 1970 1 year only seats, and used this product on them.

15013_landaublack__04063.1525187962.1280.1280.png

Deep gouges in textured plastic and brittle deterioration...look for another pair they are super cheap (used) ...very hard to fix textured plastic without using textured paint or dye...it will stand out like a sore thumb and same sheen will not be there ....if they are gouged ..my 2 cents..

Deep gouges in textured plastic and brittle deterioration...look for another pair they are super cheap (used) ...very hard to fix textured plastic without using textured paint or dye...it will stand out like a sore thumb and same sheen will not be there ....if they are gouged ..my 2 cents..

1 year only 1970 bucket seat backs cheap ?
What do you consider cheap, and where are they ?
Same bucket seat they put in 1970 Hemi cars. Not cheap.
Same with the lower pot metal pieces to complete the seats.
Good luck finding them, and when you do, get out the American Express.

Pending how chalky they are....I coat mine with a layer of epoxy resin, then spray them with an aerosol bedliner. If I'm real ambitious I then fog coat that with an interior paint. But then again...I spray everything black.

I will post pictures. I got lucky and all the pieces came with the seats. From a person on this site that found them in his 68 barracuda

Cleaned up one with just water. Been sitting in the garage since I got them but seats are being recovered so I had to get things in gear

-
Back