How to remove/replace door glass in 67 Barracuda Convertible?

-

67all3

Reaction score
Trying to repair the window function of my driver's door window (channel lining appears crushed). I've disassembled virtually everything on the door, trying to make "space" to take the glass/vent assembly to slide out. No luck. Even removing the felt strip (both sides of door top) did not allow enough space. Further, the bottom of the door glass has a blue-knobbed "nut" (?) holding the slide lift bracket onto bottom of the glass. Cannot determine how to disassemble that "safely" (without breaking the glass!). Maybe special tool? Hope someone has been successful with this task. Thanks, in advance, to all who have some ideas/solutions.

Remove the regulator,
Remove the rear track,
Remove the fuzzies,
Remove the seal at the top of the rear of the door,
Slide window all the way up,
Lift frame and window up (high as you can go),
Walk it to the rear of the door,
Rotate (left/right) to get the lower bracket to clear),

Install is the reverse, quickest, easiest way I have found.

Alan

Remove the regulator,
Remove the rear track,
Remove the fuzzies,
Remove the seal at the top of the rear of the door,
Slide window all the way up,
Lift frame and window up (high as you can go),
Walk it to the rear of the door,
Rotate (left/right) to get the lower bracket to clear),

Install is the reverse, quickest, easiest way I have found.

Alan

The nut and stud at the bottom of the channel is just held on by a piece of anti-rattle foam if you left the nut in the bottom of the door on it would have just pulled out. Tape some towels on either side of the opening in the door to save your paint. The L shaped bracket at the bottom of the channel should be the last thing out and requires you to pivot the whole assembly. This is a LOT easier with 2 sets of hands!!!

where are you in Seattle? I'm on Vashon, and just took both doors on my current 70 Dart project out and put them back in. Maybe I can help you...

The nut and stud at the bottom of the channel is just held on by a piece of anti-rattle foam if you left the nut in the bottom of the door on it would have just pulled out. Tape some towels on either side of the opening in the door to save your paint. The L shaped bracket at the bottom of the channel should be the last thing out and requires you to pivot the whole assembly. This is a LOT easier with 2 sets of hands!!!

Thanks for the info. Haven/t tried the tips from CudaAl; will add yours.

where are you in Seattle? I'm on Vashon, and just took both doors on my current 70 Dart project out and put them back in. Maybe I can help you...

Thanks for the offer.
I have my son AND my 9 yo granddaughter :) to help me often.

-
Back