How toxic is your favorite pop/soda???

-
Have heard of a gal on a diet drinking large quantities of water to keep a full feeling. Her system electrolytes got so low she died. Not sure it's true but sounds plausible.
Yote

Have heard of a gal on a diet drinking large quantities of water to keep a full feeling. Her system electrolytes got so low she died. Not sure it's true but sounds plausible.
Yote
It could happen, I fight low electrolytes all the time. That's what the beer's for.

I only drink water....and squeeze a lemon slice in it if it's available. One big bad assed kidney stone was more than enough for me! Be careful with the energy drinks. I had a friend who was 33 years old....solid as a rock and in great shape, drank too many of those things one day and fell over dead as a door nail of a massive heart attack. :( R.I.P Joey

I drink Diet Mt Dew by the gallons.( special hall closet full because I buy it on sale) Don't give a ****...I'm 68 and going to die some day any way...:steering::steering:

Been using Coke to clean corroded battery terminals since Coke came in steel sheet metal cans. No other store bought cleaner comes close.

After my kidney stone I listen to my urologist, He said if it's brown in color it's bad for you. I drink only lemon water now, except for the brews every now and them. He actually told me one of the best things you can drink is lemonade!

I only drink water....and squeeze a lemon slice in it if it's available. One big bad assed kidney stone was more than enough for me! Be careful with the energy drinks. I had a friend who was 33 years old....solid as a rock and in great shape, drank too many of those things one day and fell over dead as a door nail of a massive heart attack. :( R.I.P Joey
Yikes...I'm Just 31 myself... Energy drinks do give me the flutters sometimes... But how else am I gonna get the energy to get this fish back on the road... :realcrazy: Coffee any better? :lol:

Here in Mexico there is a Mom and Pop shop about 50 steps from my front door. I have been buying 1 liter regular Coke in a returnable glass bottle every day for a couple of months now, which is 77 cents when I return the bottle.

What I like about my routine is the fridge at the store is really, really cold and I'm convinced the soda tastes better and becomes colder in a glass container (I still remember cold milk as a kid in the glass quart bottles). I feel a little guilty guzzling that thing down, but it's damn hot here and after three or four hours working on the rooftop during some concrete sealing, I'm dying of thirst. Water would be better, but then, where's the reward for all my efforts in the blazing sun if I don't treat myself to something a little devilish?

I finally gave up soda, mostly coke, pretty much, an occasional diet. I was told this winter I'm now borderline diabetic, which is no surprise, I was hypoglycemic for many years. I love tea and ice tea, but mostly just water.

Now that I'm working again (at 69) I drink maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup coffee sipping through the morning. Use a well insulated and covered cup.

Here in Mexico there is a Mom and Pop shop about 50 steps from my front door. I have been buying 1 liter regular Coke in a returnable glass bottle every day for a couple of months now, which is 77 cents when I return the bottle.

What I like about my routine is the fridge at the store is really, really cold and I'm convinced the soda tastes better and becomes colder in a glass container (I still remember cold milk as a kid in the glass quart bottles). I feel a little guilty guzzling that thing down, but it's damn hot here and after three or four hours working on the rooftop during some concrete sealing, I'm dying of thirst. Water would be better, but then, where's the reward for all my efforts in the blazing sun if I don't treat myself to something a little devilish?
That Mexican coke is made with sugar at least. Here in the states everything is high fructose corn syrup. Look it up. I'd rather buy my kids a carton of smokes!

I finally gave up soda, mostly coke, pretty much, an occasional diet. I was told this winter I'm now borderline diabetic, which is no surprise, I was hypoglycemic for many years. I love tea and ice tea, but mostly just water.

Now that I'm working again (at 69) I drink maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup coffee sipping through the morning. Use a well insulated and covered cup.

Hahahahahaha... the stupid *** pre-diabetes bullshit. A new diagnosis to get an entirely new group of people on a bullshit drug.

My mom got diagnosed with that ****, her BlooudSugar is around 95-105 and she's "pre-diabetic". BS levels over 120 were always the break point so now present a slightly lower level with a "pre"fix. LMAO. She was on two or three different drugs over time, made her feel horrible. I finally told her to quit taking that **** as those BS levels have been OK for the last 100 or so years. Feels much better OFF the stupid assed medication. Metformin is one horrid drug that has some bad side effects, RUN if a doctor ever suggest it for you.

Change how and what you eat and get as much exercise as you can. Overweight is another contributor. Those are the two best ways to prevent getting diabetes if you don't have a history in your family.

Last edited:
Yikes...I'm Just 31 myself... Energy drinks do give me the flutters sometimes... But how else am I gonna get the energy to get this fish back on the road... :realcrazy: Coffee any better? :lol:

Just be careful with the energy drinks. I drink a few cups of coffee in the mornings to pep me up a little, and keep me from being so grouchy since I ain't a morning person. My friend Joey's heart went into an A-fib thing, and the paramedics couldn't get it to stop. He was a General foreman for a large tree company, and like a lot of people do...he drank the Monsters to stay revved up because of all the pressure he was under to get the work done. He drank 3 or 4 in one day. He died in the helicopter on the way to the hospital, and left a wife, 12 year old boy and 9 year old girl. I apologize to the OP for getting off track here, but if being a Debbie Downer can help save one person from the same mistake as my friend Joey...?
As far as soft drinks go, I quit drinking them on a regular basis years ago. I would drink maybe one at lunch and then another with supper, and that's it. I was having acid reflux trouble when I went to bed, and my big brother told me to quit the soda's and watch what happens. He was right....it went away! I most always drank Mt. Dew Code Red, and that stuff has WAY more phosphoric acid in it than other soft drinks. All of them have it, and it messes with the acid in your stomach and kind of boils over when you lay down. I drank sweet tea from then on....and then came the kidney boulder in 2013! :mob: Now it's a few cups of coffee in the morning, and water from there on out. I guess it's a good thing that I actually like water!:)

I gave that **** up in '97, and I know I was addicted because I STILL have dreams about drinking it. Super vivid dreams, in color with smells! I've dreamed about feeling the carbonation spray the inside of my hand when I pop the top!

My buddies in AA say they have similar dreams about booze.

That much sugar would make me feel like **** anyway. Even now when I eat my blood sugar plummets for a little bit. Don't need soda!

-
Back