Howdy all

-

Roadart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got a 72 dart a couple weeks ago engine rebuilt,318 bored (was told 40 over) mild cam,rebuilt auto trans,(904 I believe) 73 dart rear gone thru,sway bars front and rear. Needs interior work . It does not have a belt driven fan. It has an electric in front of the new champion alum.rad. I would like to put a
belt driven fan on . Is steel stock fan good or fiberglass aftermarket fan? How about a fan clutch? any ideas are appericated Thanks Joe BTW I am new to this site,and live in central calif.

Got a 72 dart a couple weeks ago engine rebuilt,318 bored (was told 40 over) mild cam,rebuilt auto trans,(904 I believe) 73 dart rear gone thru,sway bars front and rear. Needs interior work . It does not have a belt driven fan. It has an electric in front of the new champion alum.rad. I would like to put a
belt driven fan on . Is steel stock fan good or fiberglass aftermarket fan? How about a fan clutch? any ideas are appericated Thanks Joe BTW I am new to this site,and live in central calif.
Welcome to the fun. If your ride is a driver and not a dedicated high rpm racer, I'm a big fan (pun intended) of a stock steel fan, fan clutch and a good fitting shroud. Low maintenance and great cooling abilities.

Congrats and welcome to FABO from the East Valley in AZ. You will find lots of good people and good information here.

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is a driver. Been a mopar fan all my life started with a 68 road runner(wish I still had it).Currently own a 2015 Durango with the 3.7.

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

I second the recommendation for a stock steel fan and shroud. I have a mild build 318 in my car and that is what I use. I also just put a new thermal fan clutch on my car.

-
Back