Howdy from Sunny Southern California

-

1972scamp

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently bought a 1972 Plymouth Scamp from a local idiot as my project. He pretty much destroyed this car and had no clue what motor/trans/rear end he had in the car. It is a factory G code, a/c, power steering/brakes car and has had a rough life. When I picked it up it had water in the cylinders of the non-factory '75 360, a 727 trans and 7-1/4 rear end. Yes, a 7-1/4 rear end that is out of a 73+ a body (I have bbp in the rear and sbp in the front). Well the good news is that I am a Mopar fan and she has a great new home. I pulled the tired 360 and am going to install a fresh '78 360/727 (need painting still) with a 489 8-3/4 A body rear end (sbp) with 323 gear (non-suregrip but will be soon). Someone also put a 73+ front bench in it, I have a 68 Dart split bench with no headrest to replace it. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I am going to make this car what it should have been a long time ago- a bada$$ street machine. Next is a set of Doug's D453 headers and some new rims/tires. I look forward to hearing from you guys, swapping ideas, comments, and/ or suggestions! Thanks! -Mike

dartscamppics2011013.jpg

dartscamppics2011014.jpg

dartscamppics2011015.jpg

dartscamppics2011032.jpg

dartscamppics2011041.jpg

dartscamppics2011052.jpg

dartscamppics2011050.jpg

dartscamppics2011057.jpg

dartscamppics2011071.jpg

dartscamppics2011077.jpg

dartscamppics2011076.jpg

Gotta love that 70's green! welcome aboard, Im in Tustin if you need a wrench..or a cam....

Welcome to FABO, Mike, from another SoCal member. Thanks for saving your Scamp from an idiot who didn't know what he was doing.
What's the plan for paint and interior?
PM sent.

Hi there and welcome to FABO. Good luck with your Scamp. I really like the color on your interior.

Welcome to FABO, looks like a great project you have there.
I love green cars with green interiors, i hope you are going to leave it that scheme.

Gotta love that 70's green! welcome aboard, Im in Tustin if you need a wrench..or a cam....
Thank you very much for your offer!

Welcome to FABO, Mike, from another SoCal member. Thanks for saving your Scamp from an idiot who didn't know what he was doing.
What's the plan for paint and interior?
PM sent.
I was actually thinking of changing the color to plum crazy with white interior, then got to thinking that there aren't many hanging around to begin with and most are not factory colors. I am most likely keeping it green/green, obviously the interior needs attention so it is next on my list

-
Back