HUGHES CONVERTER

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with a Hughes 24-30 converter. I have recently acquired one, and was going to install it in my dart.

Has anyone had experience with a Hughes 24-30 converter. I have recently acquired one, and was going to install it in my dart.

I have a 24-35 in my 68 fastback , behind a 440/505 , seems a little loose for the street --------------3000 may be a good choice .
Have had no trouble with it , other than the starter sticking and breaking a tooth off on the ring gear when it snapped loose, which hasn`t been a problrm at all .

I ran that TC between my 408 (458hp 503 tq) and built 727 (8 3/4 3.55). It was just fine on the street. No problems or concerns whatsoever. The car was a riot to drive.

I would recommend it, if it's appropriate for your setup - you haven"t provided any details on your Dart.

I also ran a B&M Supercooler to keep the Tranny temps in line. A smaller tube and fin piece was useless.

Last edited:
72 dart, stock bottom end, and heads 360 magnum, air gap intake, carter afb, 340 manifolds, 727, 8 3/4 3: 55 gears.

Not your specific stall, but I swapped in a Hughes 3500 series TC a couple seasons ago. Warmed over 340, 727, 3.23 (soon to be 4.30). Primarily a street car for now. Absolutely love it. As the others mention, running a good cooler is always a plus.

Be well,
Pat

Mine will be mainly a street car as well. I do drive on the highway for short periods of time though.

-
Back