Hughes iron ram heads

-

Jarod340

Reaction score
I have a set of hughes iron ram heads on my 408.
I have been trying to find out the specs of my heads as far as the combustion chamber and runners cc.
Hughes 4676SP was the part number
Says They are cnc super st prepped
The invoice says they did a racing valve job
Cnc chambers
2.02 and 1.620 valves
Anyone know the comustion chamber cc and the intake/exhaust runner??????
Apparently hughes cant tell me any of the soecs i need

I have a set of hughes iron ram heads on my 408.
I have been trying to find out the specs of my heads as far as the combustion chamber and runners cc.
Hughes 4676SP was the part number
Says They are cnc super st prepped
The invoice says they did a racing valve job
Cnc chambers
2.02 and 1.620 valves
Anyone know the comustion chamber cc and the intake/exhaust runner??????
Apparently hughes cant tell me any of the soecs i need

Call Dave Hughes. I bet he can tell you.

I was always under the impression they stay pretty close to a j head combustion chamber , which will put you somewhere around 70 CC's you'll never know till you measure them.... How are those heads working for you?

I believe hughes stated on the website when these heads were offered is that thry were 179 cc runner and 62 c.c. combustion chamber. Just trying to get actual numbers because I'm just guessing at this point. Trying too see whats the biggest cam I can go to while keeping these heads and actually make power.
To answer ko swinger. They seem to be good, but I'm trying to figure out if these heads will support a cam around 250/254 duration, 603/608 lift.

I believe hughes stated on the website when these heads were offered is that thry were 179 cc runner and 62 c.c. combustion chamber. Just trying to get actual numbers because I'm just guessing at this point. Trying too see whats the biggest cam I can go to while keeping these heads and actually make power.
To answer ko swinger. They seem to be good, but I'm trying to figure out if these heads will support a cam around 250/254 duration, 603/608 lift.
What’s the flow at .600 lift?

-
Back