Hughes Transmissions Any Luck With?

-

70DusterBob

Reaction score
I am looking for a strong 727. Hughes has one for $1,400 w/TC. I was just wondering if anyone has used them before and if so what kind of luck they had with their products or if you had to do a return or get service, how it went.

Thanks

I bought a 727 and 3000 stall TC from Hughes Performance to run behind my 408 (458hp/503tq). Once I got my Lokar kickdown cable all dialled in, it's been running great for 1700 miles now.

Just need to install a better ATF cooler than the tube & fin POS I have now. Gets up to 190-200* real quick in any kind of stop & start traffic.

I used one of their converters in a big heavy 4 door full length bed Chevy TH400 with a stout 454 engine scrap hauling truck about 10 yrs. ago and it still works fine today. I've never heard a complaint about Hughes

I used one of their converters in a big heavy 4 door full length bed Chevy TH400 with a stout 454 engine scrap hauling truck about 10 yrs. ago and it still works fine today. I've never heard a complaint about Hughes
My ex partner builds transmissions, "or used to", he said their stuff was good.
I have a hughs 3800 convertor in my car , a little too loose for street driving for my taste, but works well--------

Thanks you guys...

I still haven't gotten one yet. Unexpected financial circumstances.

Anyhow, I will probably go with the Hughes when I do get one. I have to rebuild the engine first.

Famous Bob, What did you mean about the TC being too loose for the street? Which one did you get?

Thanks

Thanks you guys...

I still haven't gotten one yet. Unexpected financial circumstances.

Anyhow, I will probably go with the Hughes when I do get one. I have to rebuild the engine first.

Famous Bob, What did you mean about the TC being too loose for the street? Which one did you get?

Thanks
the 3800,sure seems loose ,but my engine is a torque monster , makes it worse.

Ya a torque'y engine doesn't need a loose converter. Sorry, you already know that.
I f I ever get it to the track, I`m betting it`ll go well over 4000-----------probly wont try it but once tho.-----by choice !!

-
Back