Hurricane displaced members-is everyone else alright?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread.

I got my family evacuated, did not remember to post here. It seems my house is okay minus the loss of power, not sure about backed up sewage or tap water yet. My neighbors are quite the community and 3 of them have checked on my house and jury rigged some fence panels that blew down. I am anxious about my Mopars though. My command told us not to return until Monday. They organized patrols and neighborhood watches and checked on each other-amazing community!

I could use some advise with the 3 cats regarding the long drive back.

When we evacuated, some would not drink, it was hot, and they were hyperventilating for over 12 hours. My budget is real tight between this and the wife deciding at the last minute that she wanted to start HVAC school. (Had to wait on school acceptance for the child and arrange for pre/after school daycare-approval from the organizations was last minute).

I think gas stations are out close to where I live, and they locked down I-95 into my county because of looters starting at dusk. Evidently, looters are in abundance, and many have been caught in my community.

Caught should be spelled s-h-o-t.
There is enough hardship,preying on that sort of thing should have harsh punishment.
To all of you affected, our thoughts are with you.

Hope all is well (best as can be expected). I saw news footage of looters. Disgusting behaviour to say the least.
Sounds like a good bunch of neighbours keeping an eye on your stuff.
Good luck!

Hi there,
Totally sux what you guys are going through.
In regards to the cats. Get a baby syringe, fill it with water and squirt it in the side of the cats mouth. The cats gonna hate it, so hold on tight. Cats and dogs when stressed, don't like to drink and get dehydrated quickly.
I went through this while driving across the desert with my bulldog and my cat. I Had plenty of water but the cat wouldn't drink.
Finally I drove into broken Hill, found a pharmacy, bought a syringe and about 10mins after I force hydrated the cat, he was alot better and we all made it the rest of the trip. :)

Still here with minimal damage. Just thanking you all for your thoughts and prayers, especially the big guy upstairs for watching out over us at such a horrible time. It could have been a lot worse but very thankful it was not. How are all of my Florida members doing? I have not heard from anybody yet. Still have until Nov 30 when the season is officially over. I have never seen so many people come together for the greater good of man, thank you

I made out okay. A single shingle shot to ship & sunk, oh and a fence post w/ gate, and my dumb @$$ lost one of the cats that the wife's friend dumped on us two years ago. I feel real shitty about that cat, because I effed up. Other than that, alright. Many blessings to be thankful for.

Hey everybody. Just thought id check in after the storm. We were vey lucky here. No damage to house or shop but lost about two weeks of business due to all the uncertainty. We were expecting a more direct hit here in Pinellas county but the sacred Tocobaga Indian burial grounds were spared again. Storm passed about 50 miles to the east early Monday morning. Nearly all of the areas lost power except us. Some for over a week. Let hope October, which brings storms up through the Gulf isn't too bad.

-
Back