Hurricane Ian

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had a rough week or so here. I think I have all the parts you guys bought shipped out ahead of the storm.
Got hit pretty hard down here, will not be able to do the mopar parts thing for awhile ! Just to let everyone know who cares, that Theresa and I are OK and back at the house doing the clean up process. Our house survived the hurricane but not the storm surge. . We got a lot of well wishes and offers of help , but I think we will be fine. You guys are the greatest !
AL & THERESA. THANK YOU ALL

Had a rough week or so here. I think I have all the parts you guys bought shipped out ahead of the storm.
Got hit pretty hard down here, will not be able to do the mopar parts thing for awhile ! Just to let everyone know who cares, that Theresa and I are OK and back at the house doing the clean up process. Our house survived the hurricane but not the storm surge. . We got a lot of well wishes and offers of help , but I think we will be fine. You guys are the greatest !
Good to hear you are ok.

I'm sorry to hear of the flood damage. I am very glad you two are ok. Kitty says hay Theresa. lol

Get alot of different news stories from different people. But from what I've seen is the locals here take matters in their hands. The local government wanted to shut this island down for their own interests, But Governor DeSantis had different thoughts. Local construction companies took to building the road in Matlacha on their own and are getting **** done ! Local fishermen / boaters are taxing people and supplies to and from the Islands ,setting up food and water dispensererys free of charge. Looks like the national gaurd is here making the roads passable.

And the Governor says its OK to shoot looters !
More info depending on internet service

Last edited:
But from what I've seen is the locals here take matters in their hands

Good to hear Al. That's the American spirit.

We lived in Biloxi for Hurricane Katrina and the people there did the same. No whining on national TV about the government not doing anything. Most folks think Katrina hit New Orleans because they bitched while people in Mississippi got right to rebuilding.

I heard the Governor warn potential looters, I love it. The American way!

You and Theresa please be careful as you clean up and rebuild.

House looks intact got about 4ft of water. . Saved the Ram & Harley ! That's about it. Oh I the the Palomino project will live to see another day !

20221003_183348.jpg

20221004_164718.jpg

Sounds like pretty good news on the house then. Cut the sheet rock out above the water line and toss it out so things can start drying up. If you have power back, go rent some of those big fans to help dry it. You must have tied the boat down well, since it stayed put in the yard!

Well it sounds like a sh$tshow AL. Glad you and the missus are safe. Good that you live in a place where people take things into their own hands and government supports you.

Be safe.

Stay well

This is neighbor's big garage across from me. Challenger is up on a lift with a 65 Falcon Convertible below it.

20221002_191543.jpg

Last edited:
My other neighbor moved his black GMC truck to higher ground on the next street, only to have a tree fall on it. Sounds like my kind of luck.

Wow, glad you and your wife are ok and moving forward, that truck looks just like my 2007 Silverado Al , same color. I have 131 thousand on mine.

Stay strong my friend

20220825_111935.jpg

Ouch.

Looks like that Challenger might have skated.

I’m an Insurance Adjuster and one of the first things I tell people I meet during times like this is… “At least your here to talk with me about everything!”

Glad you and Theresa are okay!

Stay safe!!!

Todd

I know it is sickening to look around and see all this and remember back how it used to be. I am sure you will miss things years later and say you used to have one but can't find it. I know I still do then say I guess tornado got it. Keep up the good work and you will get there. I hope insurance does you right and you don't have to fill out all those forms. That is a nightmare, Joe

Thanks for posting Al. I'm glad you and T are safe and sound. I cant imagine what you are all going through. Mind boggling and a loss for words.
Be well and reach out if you need anything.
I've watched a few Press Conf with DeSantis on different subjects. Sounds like a natural born leader! We could use more like him

Al, in the last pic of reply #11....is that the little bonus space you and Theresa were telling me about a few weeks ago? If so, maybe it escaped any water damage since it is elevated and y'all can stay right there. The Challenger across the street may have a dinged up roof skin, but it appears to not have reached the "Vanishing Point" yet! :)

Glad you guys are ok and your house didn't get blown over... :thumbsup:

Too bad about the flooding... :(

I’m an Insurance Adjuster and one of the first things I tell people I meet during times like this is… “At least your here to talk with me about everything!”

When you hear that from an insurance adjuster, you know you are about to get screwed... :BangHead:

-
Back