The one on the trans Is my other one, I wanted to show it mounted on a trans

IMG_0092.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1b65.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1b67.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1b66.jpeg

IMG_6281.JPG

IMG_6282.JPG

Last edited:
Dave, do you know if that would clear a bench seat?

Dave, do you know if that would clear a bench seat?
If you have the Bench seat all the way up it will be close, if is back all the way back yes it will. You will only have to notch the factory 4 speed hump a little bit

Interesting piece! I've heard of these, what is the significance over a comp plus? I see the straight shift rods, maybe allows for a solid, quick dedicated shift for racing applications? Maybe it automatically springs into the next shift point so the operator doesn't have to worry about missing a shift?

Interesting piece! I've heard of these, what is the significance over a comp plus? I see the straight shift rods, maybe allows for a solid, quick dedicated shift for racing applications? Maybe it automatically springs into the next shift point so the operator doesn't have to worry about missing a shift?
Inline shifting no H pattern, Race or street. This is an awesome fun shifter

I am mounting it up this weekend, I do not think you have to cut much if any. I will take some picture

If you have ever drove a car with one you will never want anything but it (IMO). I miss mine in my 0ld 69 Bee.

Agreement bump. They are bad *** but talk is cheap. View Dick Landy shifting one in second segment of this video and you will be hooked.

Awesome.

Lift the lock put in first straight forward then bang away in a straight line as quick as you can. Mod the 833 correctly and just like butter! Man that used to be so fun!

If my car was not one of 272 auto 383 cars, I would upgrade and cut as needed and bought this shifter hands down just for the joy factor. If you set our 833 right you will maybe, just have to tap the clutch on shifts.

Last edited:
We tested fitted in my sons 70 Duster just should people that have question, my car is not ready for it yet.

A little custom work needed. You have to notch the back of the hump. Its a bummer but a good thing because it puts the shifter closer to you and more of a natural position sitting in the seat and do not have to lean forward.

IMG_0373.JPG

Last edited:
We tested fitted in my sons 70 Duster just should people that have question, my car is not ready for it yet.

A little custom work needed. You have to notch the back of the hump. Its a bummer but a good thing because it puts the shifter closer to you and more of a natural position sitting in the seat and do not have to lean forward.

View attachment 1715112522

Is the linkage on in that picture or just the shifter?

No because the shifter needs to go back another 1/2 inch

Does it look like if the linkage is on you'd have to cut away the drivers side part of the tunnel?

I'm trying to remember if you have to make room for the linkage. If all you have to do is move the hole back an inch that wouldn't be bad. I don't mind that but I don't want to remove the side of the tunnel.

Does it look like if the linkage is on you'd have to cut away the drivers side part of the tunnel?

I'm trying to remember if you have to make room for the linkage. If all you have to do is move the hole back an inch that wouldn't be bad. I don't mind that but I don't want to remove the side of the tunnel.

No. Just notch the back of the 4 speed hump........ PM me if you want more details.

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back