Hurst Quarter Stick with bench seat

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
Installed in a 1970 Dart with bench seat.

Square plate welded to hump with tube sticking up 2".
Light weight tube inserted over it drilled and bolted for correct height and angle.
img0002.jpg

img0004.jpg

img0001.jpg

Thats a great idea! Now i know what to do whenever i get ready to buy and install one in my valiant. Are u gonna put any kind of..umm..i guess you could call it a skirt, for lack of a better word, around it?

68ValiantEffort said:
Thats a great idea! Now i know what to do whenever i get ready to buy and install one in my valiant. Are u gonna put any kind of..umm..i guess you could call it a skirt, for lack of a better word, around it?

I thought about it. Still thinking about it.
I kind of like the clean look for now. It actually looks mean
as all heck looking through the window at it.

i bet..lol..kind of confused me looking at the first pic because it was sideways, but i like the idea. I will keep it in mind when i replace my drivetrain

AdamR said:
I like it. I dont remember your dash being blue though.

Yeah it matches the insert panels of the seats. I never liked it blue.
Gonna do something about it soon.

mikesduster said:
and tony let me sit in the car and PLAY with it!!!!!....the SHIFTER!!!...NOT TONY!!!

:sign5:

ok NOW I understand ...on the other forum I couldn't figure out what was going on. I see now ....DUH!!!!! it looks levitated !!! needs a skirt IMHO but I love innovation

ok truth be known ...I hate innovation cuz in the middle is nova and I cant stand novas ....LOL

actually I'm just pulling your chain ...I like it ....LOL

Ok the reason I did it is because I occasionally race my car. I was column shifting. I would sometimes between watching the tach the track and trying to eyeball the next shift location shift from 1st to 3rd or 2nd to neutral with fear of going into reverse. No reverse lock out.

If I put the shifter directly on the floor I would be hunched over while the force was trying to pin me in the seat while watching the tach and the track.
So I mounted the shifter on a pedestal. Now it is functional, comfortable, and I no longer fear shifting into reverse.

WHAT??? You don't like going into reverse @ 70 mph??? where is the sport in that ??? ONLY KIDDING YA DUDE >>>>LOL

onehellofadart said:
Yeah it matches the insert panels of the seats. I never liked it blue.
Gonna do something about it soon.

Spray paint and a lot of masking tape.

newdash2small.jpg

-
Back