Hurst shifter mechanism vs Inland mounting plate

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my Inland shifter jamming in reverse, not being able to go into reverse, etc. I've checked the trans and it appears it's the reverse lockout T isnt releasing the tab enough, etc etc. Anyhow, I've sourced a Hurst shifter mechanism with handle but no Hurst mounting pad.

Will a Hurst shifter mechanism bolt onto an Inland mounting pad? Or do you need the Hurst mounting pad with it?

Thanks

Have you tried adjusting the linkage per the directions in the FSM?

Have you tried adjusting the linkage per the directions in the FSM?

Yes. I don't believe it to be the linkages or trans, the actual shifter won't even move over to the left far enough to get me to be able to use reverse. It's something to do with the reverse lockout not opening enough to allow the reverse function to work.

Do you have info on my original question? Just curious if it'll mount to an inland plate.

nope, the hurst shifter has 2 mounting bolts and the inland shifter has 3 mounting bolts

SMP399.jpg

SMP298R-1.jpg

The Inland cable may have slipped, or perhaps, wore out. Brewers has the cable, if needed. The Inland cable is a mother to get back threaded through the hole...soo avoid that. There's a small set screw in the "T" handle, that requires a small allen wrench (1/16" or .050") to loosen. Unscrew the knob and put a small pair of vice grips on the end of the cable, then loosen the screw and pull a bit of the cable out , then tighten the screw again. Check to see if that does it.

That's my approach. Good luck

-
Back