Hyd. Cam in a '98 360 block W roller lifters?

-

fastnos

Jack of all trades, Master of none!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Have a chance to buy this a a decent price.
P4120233 Purple Cam Kit .508 Lift

Can it be used in a 98 roller lifter 360?
If not, what would I have to change to run it?
Thanks
grin.gif

Yes you can use it. You'll need the correct lifters, pushrods and I would advise adjustable rockers because that is a pretty stout camshaft.

Ok, maybe a different path. Which way would get me the same result for the lowest cost?

1) This cam kit-P4120233 N.I.B. (which has lifters supplied) new oil thru pushrods, and possibly adjustable rockers/roller even?

2) Or, just getting a "New" high lift comparable cam and useing most all of the valve gear for the '98 Magnum?

Both ways will get different valve springs, so that's not figured in. Not opposed to spending the $, just would like to hear others experiences and costs.

If it's a roller, I would stay with a roller. But you'll need new pushrods or adjustable rockers unless you get Comp or another cam company to grind you something that's NOT a reduced base circle....because as far as I know that's all that's available off the shelf is reduced base circle. I could be wrong...because I haven't built one off a factory roller block yet.....so I might not be a good source of info. I just saw your post and thought I would try to help. Maybe somebody with some more knowledge about the late stuff will chime in.

Ok, sounds like a no brainer. Now, does anyone have their specs on the cam they used for the roller? I'm leaning towards a brand new one, not re-ground. Want to stay at about the same grind as the 508 or 509 cam, or just a bit smaller lift for the street. no strip use at all, just a solid street brawler! Engine has a 6-pack on it.

Attachments

• 98 roller w sixpack5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Tri power on 98 roller motor.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 6-pack STUFF.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 126
That .508 lift was with 1.5 rockers if using in a magnum with the factory 1.6 rockers it would be about .542 lift.

The angle on the intake/Heads bolts has been taken care of since those pics were taken.

Didn't take in to account the 1.6 rockers, but did want to stay around the other cams specs. That might be above what I really want. That's one of the reasons I asked about others on here, and the cams and the rest of their builds.

-
Back