1. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    For those who've ditched the Z-bar driven clutch linkage in favor of a hydraulic clutch setup, particularly in the Early A bodies, what did you use and are you happy with the results? Pictures would be great. If it's a slant six car all the better but all are welcome. Thank you.

2. 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    There was a thread or two...........someone made a bracket that mounted a slave so it was operated right up through the factory rod hole in the firewall. May not work (room?) on an early A

3. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:39 AM
    I was looking at this......

Speedway Hydraulic Clutch Pedal Kit, Swing Mount

I kinda wanted some more ideas...not that I don't think I can make that work, but there might be "something better".

4. pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    My friend used a McCleod hydraulic throw out and a clutch cylinder on a 65 Barracuda/A833/Lakewood bell. He mounted the slave where the old rod went through and ended up using a trans support brace off one of the cylinder bolts to the shock tower as the firewall was flexing. The bearing had a hose off the top so you could bleed the highest point as the bleeder was at the end of this little braided hose that looped down. I guess that's how its done? It never felt the same as a Z bar, no vibration feedback from the motor if you can picture that.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.