Hydraulic roller cam for bb?

-

72moparnut

Reaction score
Hello me here I have a 440 bored 30 over currently running a .549 hydraulic roller cam. Also running stock rocker assembly steel stamp was told by comp cam this combination would work fine. After talking to a few mopar guys and reading these forums kinda scratching my head?.... . Has anyone out there or anyone know of anyone would like to know how it’s working out any help would be appreciated greatly thanks in advance

Yeah it'll work alright. My question would center around why you went hydraulic.

I was told that running this combination would not work well or for long drives for everything to work I would need to run adjustable rockers I did get custom length push rods just getting info from internet not real reliable source as most info coms from Chevy engine builders? Does any know if the combination will drive many miles or not? Thanks

So, you're just wanting to know if this reliable?

What's the thing you're suspecting of failing prematurely?

I hope nothing fails but I was told the cam would beat the rockers up and would eventually have to replace them also that the engine would not perform well. The engine sounds good although It seems not have as the rough idle like the flat tapped did they have almost the same lift

I was told that running this combination would not work well or for long drives for everything to work I would need to run adjustable rockers I did get custom length push rods just getting info from internet not real reliable source as most info coms from Chevy engine builders? Does any know if the combination will drive many miles or not? Thanks

It would be "optimal" to use aftermarket adjustable rockers. You can zero in on the preload better. But it will "run" with the stockers ok.

I hope nothing fails but I was told the cam would beat the rockers up and would eventually have to replace them also that the engine would not perform well. The engine sounds good although It seems not have as the rough idle like the flat tapped did they have almost the same lift

Keep an ear out. It's possible a rocker could fail with a pushrod punching a hole through it. With the increased spring pressure that camshaft requires, the rockers will be the weak link.

Keep an ear out. It's possible a rocker could fail with a pushrod punching a hole through it. With the increased spring pressure that camshaft requires, the rockers will be the weak link.
this is a likely scenario.

So you think I should invest in a set of roller rockers? Also does anyone know if there is any manufacturer out there that make roller rockers that I could use the stock rocker shafts?

Hello me here I have a 440 bored 30 over currently running a .549 hydraulic roller cam. Also running stock rocker assembly steel stamp was told by comp cam this combination would work fine. After talking to a few mopar guys and reading these forums kinda scratching my head?.... . Has anyone out there or anyone know of anyone would like to know how it’s working out any help would be appreciated greatly thanks in advance
You are asking alot out of a factory steel rocker.
What valve springs are you using?
Can you provide us with a copy of the cam card to review.

C4E3B6D1-0DAE-48B9-8F9D-5C3784F0EF17.jpeg
Sure here
C4E3B6D1-0DAE-48B9-8F9D-5C3784F0EF17.jpeg
is spec sheet

Running double springs not using bee hive though

Yeah, you're going to find the limitations with stock rockers with those springs, imo. What's your budget for rocker arms?

Lol cheap as possible been shopping around looks like preform is the cheapest at around 274$ for the set my rockers and rocker shafts have approximately 300 miles or less wish I could find set of rockers that would work with my shafts

110 lobe separation is the reason that does not have the choppy idle that you mentioned.
I would change the rockers to a stronger after market before you end up with a push rod poking out your newly ventilated valve cover.
I have had two BBM's both had ISKY roller rockers, they are $ expensive but I had zero issues.

I drove it today and valve train is a little noisy or more than I would like sounds quite until gets up to temp not liking that sound going to Fresno Saturday toning to talk to a friend who races at Bakersfield speedway might know of a set of used rockers

Welcome 72moparnut! Warm us up with some pictures of your whip! These guys like pics! Dont be shy with them. Lots of info on here. Friggin wizards!

Hi guys I’m back with another? After cam swap and timing cover went for a short drive no leaks everything looked good went for arrive today 20/25 miles oil leaking somewhere in front of engine area not sure where but front of engine on top of k member very wet with fresh oil any ideas why and where leak might be from??

Timing cover, valley pan, front seal, oil pan gasket, distributor base gasket. That’s all that’s really up front.

-
Back