I’m looking to do side exhaust on my 67 Dart

Mopar General Discussions

1. 67DodgeDart360

67DodgeDart360 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    I’m looking to do side exhaust on my 67 Dart. I’m not sure if I want it in front of the back wheels or in the back of the back wheels. If you have some pictures please post them. I’m getting my exhaust done this week. Not sure what I like.

2. diymirage

diymirage HP@idle > hondaHP@redline

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    I'll toss some pics of my duster up tomorrow, it exits right before the rear wheels
    (Or search for my name, you'll find it)

3. diymirage

diymirage HP@idle > hondaHP@redline

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    X pipe before cutting it

20200327_122725-jpg.jpg

one of the mufflers moved up (you can still see the drivers side further back)

20200401_151950-jpg.jpg

hangers mounted

20200403_144037-jpg.jpg

and slant cut tips

20200403_144030-jpg.jpg

i didnt like the way that close up didnt sit parellel, so i cut and rewelded it, final look

20200403_144021-jpg.jpg

there are a few more guys that posted about it in here

before the axle turn downs | Page 2 | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

4. 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:45 PM
    I wish I had photos of the side exit on my old 70RR. My friend the original owner had this done, and the muffler guy was an artist. Of course the RR is a larger platform. The system was "kinda" an H shape......came off the headers, crossover tube, mufflers and side exhaust which was tied together toard the rear. This meant you could loosen and drop the header connections, then go back and pull a bolt on each side, drop the whole thing down and pull it out. "When I was" in my 20's I could do that in about 5 minutes

The rears came out of the mufflers, swept out and ran parallel under the rockers for a short ways, then out at something lie a 45 for just ?? 3--4" or so, then "baloney sliced" parallel to the tire, and just in front of the tire. they looked WAY better than "side pipes" of the day, and of course BLACK

I liked 'em so much that as a joking "tribute" I had one made for my Ford Courier later on LOL

Sorry no photos.

5. lemondana

lemondana BlackDart

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    You will get tired of your side exhaust real fast, at least in front of the rear tires. Exhaust going all the way out the back sound the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 68 B'cuda fb, Form S clone ... 367/A833/3.55s

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
      Local Time:
      10:45 PM
      And so will the guys in adjacent lanes, perhaps to the point of taking your L-plate number. Play nice with your neighbors.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • harrisonm

harrisonm Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        4:45 AM
        Do you mean side exhausts like on come 60s Corvettes? Or do you mean an exhaust system that merely exits on the side?

• lemondana

lemondana BlackDart

Local Time:
        9:45 PM
        A friend of mine that I worked with a few years back had a 69 Vette 427 with the factory side pipes, that thing sounded like SHIT! If you ever get a chance to listen to 2 Vipers, one with side exhaust and the other with the rear exit exhaust-you tell me which one you all like the best. Side pipes or side exit exhaust, same crappy sound!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.