I’m shocked !

-

Mouse action

Reaction score
I’m having a very hard time getting front shocks for my 64 valiant,
Every where I ordered from says none in stock,Or back ordered...any recommendations on what you fellows are using in your cars and feedback on what’s working better then others.
Thanks Mouse.

I think it's like that with about any kind of wear item parts for our old cars. I had to replace the brake shoes and wheel cylinders on the back brakes of my 71 Challenger the other day, and the local NAPA was the only place that could get me shoes the next day. When they came in, the box looked like a barn find....lol. Also, it may be because of the pandemic, but there is a shortage of parts for cars, appliances, machinery....everything right now.

I'm running Bilsteins all the way around on my 66, but I got them several years ago and ratholed them till install time. I got them from PST as suggested above.

Rocks got KYB's for $27/pc and Monroes for $20.
KYB's are buy 4 get $25 gift card back.

I also got KYB's for my 65 Barracuda a few months ago from Rock Auto.

No at all happy with the KYBs,the ride height is way to high and the ride is extremely stiff,
Would some other shock soften and lower the stance?

I guess the shocks that were in there we’re shot,but the KYB raised the height more then I like and the ride is rock hard so I’m swapping out for a set of Gabriel’s ,so there is a New set of KYBs up for grabs,,PM me.

Last edited:
-
Back