I am searching for a Barracuda model !

-

PapstXX

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I am searching for a Barracuda model !
How can i buy Mopar Model Cars 1965 Barracuda or promo cars .

can you help me with a URL . :prayer:

THX for your help
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

There were not alot of 65 Barracuda models made, and still aren't. AMT made a kit and an assembled promotional model in 1/25 scale. The kit is seldom seen, and the promotional model (usually seen in light non-metallic blue) is rather expensive. Since you likely don't attend big shows like Fall Carlisle or the Mopar show at Carlisle, your best bet would be to watch for them on E-bay. They do come up frequently on E-bay. There was also a 66 Barracuda model and promo made. The 66 promo is usually seen in pale yellow, and this was also in 1/25 scale. Another manufacturer made a 1/32 scale 65 Barracuda model, but I don't remember if that was Monogram or Revell. Eldon may have made a 1/32 scale slot car of the 65 Barracuda, but it would likely be a pretty crude looking model. Ideal made a 1/43 scale Motorific battery powered slot car that was fairly accurate in appearance and can be found frequently on E-bay for a fairly reasonable price. Sabra made a 1/43 scale diecast toy 66 Barracuda. Highway 61 recently made or possibly still makes a high detail diecast 1966 Hurst Barracuda "Hemi Under Glass".
Since you're in germany, your best chance to find what you're looking for will be E-bay.

Heres an e-bay auction for a red 65 Barracuda promotional model
http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-PLMOUTH-BA...139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c8115b83

Heres an auction for a Motorific 1/43 scale 65 Barracuda body. I don't like the roof painted black on the red one. It waqs also available in a solid turquoise, and in blue with a white racing stripe centered over the hood roof and trunk. The blue and the turquoise ones look better since they don't have the black roofs.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-Ideal-Moto...160594104437?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item2564279075

Heres an auction for a 1/18 scale diecast 1966 Hurst Hemi Under Glass
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-1966-Hurst...36357?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2313341785

There was also a Revell 1/32 model of a '65. Also a few resin bodies which require additional parts from current production models for glass engine etc.

If i run across something I'll PM you.

Grimreaper is right on with that. Going to be about the best shot at one.
If you get it and build it. You will need to use super glue to put it together.

I have an old 1965 model. If I recall it I bought a Monogram when I was a teenager and never even opened it......I bet it is still in storage with all my 1966 Barracuda paraphenalia........how important is it to you??? My passion is 1966, but I know I have that model. Would be sad to let it go but depends on your story.........is not doing me much good sitting in my 66 Formula S in storage.....

I have a '65 Barracuda motorific slot car in the original box with the original radio shack price tag of $.69 on it. Not for sale, but shows that there is early Barracuda memorabilia and toys out there. I've seen cast barracudas, but can't remember where. I don't think I've ever seen a model one.

This is the only model Barracuda I have ever seen and I only bought......one???? Why not two? or what was left on the shelf??? Probably only had 6$ to my name back then...... Dart Doc, saw your interest....will wait to hear what PabstXX story is......hoping it is a good one that he is searching all over the world for this model.....funny how all the toys are ending up in SoCal between 64Physhy's slot car and this model....Physhy.....I'll show you mine if you show me yours (bad joke eh) at cruzin Grand.......

AB

This is the only model Barracuda I have ever seen and I only bought......one???? Why not two? or what was left on the shelf??? Probably only had 6$ to my name back then...... Dart Doc, saw your interest....will wait to hear what PabstXX story is......hoping it is a good one that he is searching all over the world for this model.....funny how all the toys are ending up in SoCal between 64Physhy's slot car and this model....Physhy.....I'll show you mine if you show me yours (bad joke eh) at cruzin Grand.......

AB
Have we met yet? I didn't make it to Grand last week. I should be there this weekend. I'll try to remember it if I go.

ABCuda

Have you still got the '65 Barracuda model?

I am the proud owner of a real, family owned, '65 Bararcuda (as seen in my avatar). I also have a model (probably like the one you have) that my father - who originally owned the real one - painted and assembled to look just like it.

I would love to have the unopened, in the box, model. I also have some moolah.

Don't think it would be a problem....lets work on it....PabstXX must not be searching too hard as he has not contacted me regarding the model.....it is a Monogram, 1/32, unopened, orange base color with chrome plated details. Says the underside and interior are both detailed. Also, the car is supposedly a Formula S.

PM me and make me a reasonable offer....I have a 1966 and have never owned a 1965. Thought it was interesting when I saw it. Never had seen a generation 1 Barracuda model when I came across it years ago. If it will help you lets talk.

Just found a 1965 Barracuda slot car as well.....

AB

So, the model is sold!!! Congrats, glad it has found a home.

There was in inquiry on the slot car....some how I lost that thread....for what it is worth it might be 1/24.

As soon as I retrieve it I will update......

-
Back