I ask for forgiveness! I almost sinned...almost!

-

53ryder

Reaction score
Please forgive me. Lately I've been discouraged about the lack of success getting my '65 Dart to start (timing issue). So I started to lust after other....women? Nah! But I did look at a '87 and a '89 Corvette! I'm sorry! Yes I looked lustily at some Chevy's.

But thank God I came to my senses! Thank you baby Jesus! For today I came back to the fold and bought a 1964 Plymouth Valiant 2-door coupe. Man I feel better saying that. The Valiant has a /six, with an automatic transmission (3 speed torqueflite?), manual brakes and manual steering. The previous owner was a judge and he kept the car up very nicely. Decent paint job and well kept interior too! This car is a good runner. Was a real hoot taking it out for a test drive today!

Supposed to take delivery Monday or Tuesday. The seller is replacing a sticking throttle cable as part of the sale. So I will post pictures as soon as I can!

Your almost wayward brother who resisted temptation!

Glenn

Pics are a MUST!!! I miss mine so much... :(

Attachments

• image-3343063949.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 235
Interestingly, when I was without a driveable 60s/70s Mopar, I also looked at late C3 and early C4 corvettes, and surprisingly, the resourceful buyer can get the corvette for LESS than a 60s/70s Mopar in similar condition!

Oh I hear ya......those years of vettes are like red-headed step children on pricing. Unbelieveable bang-for-the-buck if you can hang with being seen in one.

The manual steering and brakes are your penance, my son......:D

It's OK. We all stray. I love Mopars but I like any muscle car. Having at least one Mopar. I'll have to admit I'm thinking of replacing my 90 mustang. It was a fun car for the money. When I was 20 wanting to buy a new car my choice was a 4 cyl fwd Dodge or a v8 rwd mustang. Glad your happy with your buy. Hope it brings you plenty of fun. And yes pictures please.

-
Back