I called it!

-
Called it years ago. " Once a maker makes a drop in electric drive train for a Chevy 350/350, watch it catch on.."

The new crate motor by EV West and Revolt fits just like a small-block Chevy

View attachment 1715608327

Whats to say it wont be mandated under a new 'green' administration for a cars prior to 1986? Like digital TV tuners.......
There is a show on my Motor Trend app about a company in England that converts all kinds of cars to electric. It is a really good and interesting show.

The best cars to convert are light, economy cars with manual transmissions. Lots of A bodies fit that description. It wouldn't bother me one bit IF the technology was there 100%. It's not.

Oh, pleeze. You can't pull electricity out of thin air, and batteries have to be charged by something that also cannot pull electricity out of thin air. And batteries have a limited life, and cost many many times what a quick gas-engine refresh costs.
Besides when are the vehicles recharged? In evening after work when sun isn't shining. So good old fossil fuels will be recharging them.

The best cars to convert are light, economy cars with manual transmissions. Lots of A bodies fit that description. It wouldn't bother me one bit IF the technology was there 100%. It's not.
I'm thinking drop that thing in a Vega................................................. yea!! :steering:

If the battery technology (standardization and price, obviously performance is already here) were here, I'd absolutely consider an electric re-power for my 318 Satellite.

Our son has had a tesla model 3 for about 2 years and has (on my request) kept track of his electric bills, including a pre-tesla average.

He reports (with the optional 30A/240V charger) it costs less than $25 per month to operate.

That is real world savings including electric generating consumption.

The battery life cycle, disposal, and cost issue however, is also real.

Looks like you could easily fab an adapter for Mopar engine mounts.

With an all electric military- imagine going to war on a cloudy day! We would have call off the war until we could recharge the batteries.

Electric maganetic burst would stop that army befoe it got started , I`m sure people smarter than me have thot about that -----surely !!

If the battery technology (standardization and price, obviously performance is already here) were here, I'd absolutely consider an electric re-power for my 318 Satellite.

Our son has had a tesla model 3 for about 2 years and has (on my request) kept track of his electric bills, including a pre-tesla average.

He reports (with the optional 30A/240V charger) it costs less than $25 per month to operate.

When they get away from fossil fuels / natural gas , they wont be able to charge those batteries anyway , like calif. experiencing no elec/ brown outs now , because those dumbasses tried to go green and shut down nat. gas useage .

With an all electric military- imagine going to war on a cloudy day! We would have call off the war until we could recharge the batteries.
nothin a EMP wont fix.....one reason they are still sticking to diesels !!!!

insurance companies have yet to deal with large scale electric car crashes where the whole site is a hazard of lithium , heavy metals and acid (have ever seen lithium burn ???!!) right up there with magnesium !! ask any exotic car owner or vw bug/porsche/mazda/ with a magnesium trans that caught fire,,

this looks fun//2 motors and all that TORQUE in electric !

download.jpg

images.jpg

It's been done already

download (1).jpg
:rofl:

Last edited:
I'll wait until it is installed in something with all the necessary support equipment to get a running, driving, vehicle. Then, and only then, can one say it is a good thing, a bad thing, or just a thing.

The same governors task force said CA was ill prepared for the power requirements when it was really hot here, and that was made worse by the fact that we couldnt get power from neighboring states because "it was hot there too". So.....how the hell are we gonna support charging 6 million cars every night on his pipe dream of zero emission power, ie. solar, wind and geothermal? Well, solar is out unless Tesla's battery farms ramp up and hold the days solar production to be sent out at night, Wind is a joke, kills more birds and people than powers homes and geothermal is probably the most realistic option as a source of unlimited heat, but its not that efficient in generating electricity, more of a home heating aid in winter or pool heater. MIT has a fusion reactor in the near future...possibly but its still a nuke so it will be banned.

FYI, there have been many NG fed steam plants here in CA that have been shut down so we cant even keep up with hot day A/C loads on the grid, let alone millions of cars getting charged day and night. Governor, if you want to go electric, give us the power production to GO electric! Stupid utopian fool......

Some smart guy is gonna make a little trailer with a 72KW generator on it so the Tesla can make it coast to coast...with the generator running.....on gas.

There is a show on my Motor Trend app about a company in England that converts all kinds of cars to electric. It is a really good and interesting show.
starting price $500.000 .00

California is a great state....a unique place with an economy so large it could be its own country. Great geography, rich history. It sadly also seems to be, along with NYC, the breeding ground for the majority of stupid in this country. And when you get too stupid for CA, you move north to Seattle or Portland.

Right. Were the tech here to allow an electric car to run ALL NIGHT IN THE DARK with all accessories on and running, then you're tech is there 100%. Sooner or later that will happen, but it's not here yet. Wasn't there somebody that invented some kinda spray on paint that was basically a solar panel when it cured? Seems I remember reading about that somewhere.

Right. Were the tech here to allow an electric car to run ALL NIGHT IN THE DARK with all accessories on and running, then you're tech is there 100%. Sooner or later that will happen, but it's not here yet. Wasn't there somebody that invented some kinda spray on paint that was basically a solar panel when it cured? Seems I remember reading about that somewhere.
Nothing paintable usable yet in the auto industry, but some talk about it.
Solar paint: the next big thing in renewable energy?

California said they were outlawing Gasoline motors by 2040, Biden says he is going to phase out fossil fuels altogether , this may be the future of classic cars.

As if I need THAT as a reason not to vote for that idiot...:soapbox:

As if I need THAT as a reason not to vote for that idiot...:soapbox:
well he's one part of the equation "he's got " get rid of the FOSSILL part right "himself"

gotta be carefull !!! Biden gets in ,has a heart attack, Harris becomes Pres and choose's AOC as a VP //we r all in trouble....

download (4).jpg

Last edited:
Are there still some Vegas, Colts, or Crickets still out there? I haven't seen one on the road in a decade. I thought they were all crushed (and thankfully put out of their misery!) and came back to life as Hondas.

Are there still some Vegas, Colts, or Crickets still out there? I haven't seen one on the road in a decade. I thought they were all crushed (and thankfully put out of their misery!) and came back to life as Hondas.
sorry showing my age !!
dodge shadow/plymouth sundance or DAYTONA
might even be easier //run them parallel-one to each front axle with over running clutches or a electronic torque sensing diff and hang on

download (5).jpg

images (1).jpg

I luv bench racing !

Last edited:
By 2050 you will be hard pressed to find a gas powered car. Regardless of what California does.

Poor value. You can be gay for the cost of a cheeseburger and a park entry permit.

Huh ? Dont get it....

What I means is why pay $25K for en electric conversion for your Camaro when you can achieve the same end - being gay - for far less.

-
Back