I do not use paypal

-

mech1nxh

CUSTOM TITLE
Reaction score
Rant,
I have missed 2 purchases because I do not use pay pal...

I have used Pay Pal with zero issues. I like it because I can make purchases from home to just about any vendor or store. I can also give or pay money to a family member or friend free of transaction charge. I can also transfer money from Pay Pal to another bank account of mine.

I personally wont do a deal with someone who doesn't. I dont mind paying fees for my purchases. Paypal is alot more convenient than sending a check or money order snail mail.

I don't do pay pal either. Postal Money orders. When I receive the M.O., I ship and send the buyer the tracking number. Have had no problems.Only missed one sale, over a year ago.

Rant,
I have missed 2 purchases because I do not use pay pal...
No different than the immigrants that miss out on something because they refuse to learn English.
Stand your moral ground if you want...
Me? I sometimes take a stand against TV shows or consumer products that promote a way of thinking that I don't like.
I haven't had a problem with PayPal though.

Quantum53 said:
I don't do pay pal either. Postal Money orders. When I receive the M.O., I ship and send the buyer the tracking number. Have had no problems.Only missed one sale, over a year ago.
^^^
Bravo Say I, Bravo Quantum53

when buying or selling I will make / receive payment any way the other party is comfortable with. I have with held shipments until a check clears or known that product would not ship until my check clears. And have done PayPal where I can ship product the same day I received payment or receive shipping information the same day payment was made. It is all the same stuff, PayPal just makes it happen quicker. PayPal also makes it easy to track receipts and expenditures. PayPal is a service that you pay for, but there are some benefits to it.

I can see why a person that was a major seller / buyer would want all the transactions through PayPal, they are using PayPal as a ledger to track the money in and out of an account.

Last edited:
As of late, i use paypal to purchase, have never sold anything and used paypal.
Just the other day i re-newed my fabo gold membership via paypal. Sure it costs a couple dollars extra but i dont mind.
Same with purchasing something. and depending on what in buying i throw in a couple extra dollars for the seller’s trouble. Its a pita to sell anything over the web, thats why i dont.

Not only have I used it, i have also had them refund me my money when the seller turned out to be a flake

As a buyer, I have no idea why people wouldn't want to use PayPal. Lots of buyer protection as long as you count it as a retail deal and not "friends and family", super easy to use. If you cover the seller fees then sure it costs a few bucks, but so does driving down to the post office, standing around in line, getting your money order, buying a stamp, and driving home after. Not to mention all the extra waiting. Sure, the waiting doesn't usually cost, but isn't getting the part a week or two earlier worth something? It is to me. Not to mention I can handle the entire payment without ever leaving my house and taking time out of my day.

As a seller, it's a little more tricky. PayPal always sides with the buyer first. ALWAYS. So if your buyer is a bit sketchy, or impatient, or one of those people you just can't ever please, then you run the chance of PayPal siding with the buyer over you and sucking the money right out of your account. But, claims are a two sided process. So, if you can prove your case, you still have a shot. And, even if they side with the buyer, they require the parts be returned. So while it may turn into a PIA and cost you some money, it shouldn't be a complete loss.

So yeah, in over 10 years of doing business with Paypal I've had overwhelmingly great experiences, and a couple of neutral experiences. As a buyer it's amazing. As a seller, a couple of precautions go a long way - taking pictures of the item prior to shipping, in the package and the condition of the package before it was shipped, paying for shipping insurance and making sure you get a tracking number and update Paypal with the tracking number. Do that and there's no questions or claims regarding shipping times or if/when the package arrived, and if something gets damaged you have the evidence to defend yourself. Quite honestly, all of that is really necessary as a seller anyway, because the buyer can come after you even if it's not a Paypal transaction. And with cell phone camera's being what they are it takes a couple minutes to do all that anyway.

I was skeptical about 7 years ago. gave it shot, I love it. I've never had one single issue with the couple hundred of transactions I've done

Hey OP, if you can't be swayed find someone you know that will use their Paypal for you. I do it for my parents and one other person. Never a problem.

Don't miss out on what you want because of this and make it work for yourself...

Cheers,
JW

Don't even know what it takes to set up an account. I've almost always used money order. The few times I've tried debit, the bank refused the transaction. Doesn't bother me to wait. That stamp helps put people to work.

I have been using PayPal for about 8 years now and I like it. I have never had an issue and I only have it linked to my credit card so I get a dual layer of protection from the card on top of PayPal.

I have done small transactions of only a few bucks up to to big ones of $10k.

I have them mail me a check when I receive funds and it arrives like clockwork without issue.

I honestly don’t know why people wouldn’t want to use it, it’s as safe as anything else out there.

I’m a believer in Pay Pal. I recently bought from a seller here that only does money order via postal service and, the thought in the back of my mind was: “If this money order gets lost in the mail or, the seller flakes... I’m going to be out of my money” with zero recourse.

Don't even know what it takes to set up an account. I've almost always used money order. The few times I've tried debit, the bank refused the transaction. Doesn't bother me to wait. That stamp helps put people to work.
Just go to the Pay Pal page, and follow their instructions.
Easy peasy.

-
Back