I figured I needed to start a new thread

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
If I am planning on running a late model 5.7 with 2 carbs what of the original wire harness do I need or do I need any of it.

I know I don't want the fi stuff at all. The less trouble the better. No turbos or anything like that.. Just a good cam and headers.

What toplscuda said. The 6013 box and appropriate harness for the year, meaning 03-05, 06-08. I believe the early harness has been discontinued. I think still available from MSD through E-bay.

I believe that is only for 03-08 engines. The newer stuff is 58 tooth like the new LS stuff and MSD doesn’t have a controller yet for the 09 up hemi There are 2 wiring harnesses also depending on the coil configuration

I want to relocate the coils out of site.. I can put them on the firewall inside if need be. So no factory harness at all and get the msd setup? I am looking at an 04 motor.

Yes you can relocate the coils. Indy Cylinder Head makes a relocation kit for that. No factory wiring needed with the msd.

Keep the thread updated on progress with pics and whatnot. I just got back from Carlise and the lack of JY 3rd gen hemi swaps was concerning.

be VERY weary of buying anything from indycylinderheads. you have been warned. buy from a dealer not directly if you must.

Thank you.... I remember something about them screwing Zeeker over on the head itself and talking to them on the phone is just painful....

-
Back