I finally found it!! lol

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
After 2 years of searching for the 69 Dart with the 70 front clip that I saw at the Mopar Nationals 2 years (but had a dead camera and didnt get any pics of it grrr) I have finally found it... well.. a video of it at least.. Found it by accident.. lol.. All I could remember was that it was orange with a black top... and of course a 69 with a 70 front clip.. Its the car that started the whole idea in my head of switching the front clip on my car to a 70.. I have since decided to keep mine all 69 (as anyone following the buggy build thread knows) .. but I still think this combo looks good... just figured I would share...

[ame="http://youtu.be/dAqES2GT4H0"]302 Found[/ame]

I think that car is from the Chicago there was a 69 with a 71 nose at prosser high and I
think it used to go to the world of wheel

Not sure if its Ill. or Wis. but I have seen that car in Kenosha Wi. at a place called Andy's. Its and old cruise night hang out there.

Yeah, I saw it also in Kenosha at a small show at the local Dodge dealer. Look at the pic and tell me what you think. Thanks.

Attachments

• 8-7-10 car show 003 resize.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 249
Yup, that's the same car. Lol (same stickers in the quarter windows). Thanks for posting the pic. I have posted on here a few times the past 2 years asking if anyone else had seen it or photographed it. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had ever seen it lmao

There was a B body there also. That car was from Illinois. I made a comment about the Dart and the B body owner said it was his friend. Does that mean he is also from Illinois? Your guess is as good as mine. BTW, the pic is from August of last year.

I thought about doing that too but the differences in the bumper size/shape plus no valence in the rear kinda killed it for me. Its still a nice looking combo though.

If I had gone with this combo I had Planned to do a little fab work on the quarters to put matching illuminated marker lights (since the 70 and up had illuminated markers).

There was a B body there also. That car was from Illinois. I made a comment about the Dart and the B body owner said it was his friend. Does that mean he is also from Illinois? Your guess is as good as mine. BTW, the pic is from August of last year.

Do you have any other pics of it? And is it just me or an optical illusion, but it looks like the bottom of the fender, at the marker light, is dented in...

Nah sorry, only picture. I didn't get the one of him doing a burnout before he left. Just looked again and there are only bits of the car, no whole frame shot.

Nah sorry, only picture. I didn't get the one of him doing a burnout before he left. Just looked again and there are only bits of the car, no whole frame shot.

It's cool. Never hurts to ask. Lol. I'll just keep searching. I just want pics to add to my Dart pic collection. I'm happy for the one. And I have always made sure my camera was ready to go ever since not being able to photograph it when I saw it in person lol

Speed that Dart looks great. Either way you decide to go,you can't go wrong.

Speed that Dart looks great. Either way you decide to go,you can't go wrong.

Thanks Cliff.. I feel the same way.. But as I said in the buggy thread, had I come up with the idea earlier in the project that might've been one thing, but as my wife said, when she thinks of the buggy she thinks of it as a 69 all the way.. to change that much of the car would make it 'not the buggy' as she put it.. lol... I cant really argue with her logic, so I am keeping it all 69.. I ever do another one though, I will probaby do it like this..

Thanks Cliff.. I feel the same way.. But as I said in the buggy thread, had I come up with the idea earlier in the project that might've been one thing, but as my wife said, when she thinks of the buggy she thinks of it as a 69 all the way.. to change that much of the car would make it 'not the buggy' as she put it.. lol... I cant really argue with her logic, so I am keeping it all 69.. I ever do another one though, I will probaby do it like this..

HHMMMMM Sounds like you need another project when this is done. :D

I found more.. He definitely isnt afraid to have fun with the Dart.. It sounds pretty darn wicked to me... lots of fun

[ame="http://youtu.be/hRB23Oz-j8M"]302 Found[/ame]

one more....

[ame="http://youtu.be/GD3i87nxaRw"]302 Found[/ame]

-
Back