I go into a buddies shop and see a nice Duster. Or so I thought

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went to an old friends transmission shop to pick up a neutral safety switch for my 07 48RE CTD. First thing I notice is a shinny Duster on one of his lifts. My buddy tells me a local shop built it but it need a higher stall convertor due to the fact the builder installed to big of a bump stick. The hood was shut as I walk up to glance at the VIN thru the windshield. Wow it says VS29HOBXXXXXX. I thing damn a 1970 340 car! Or is it. One of the guys that works there, Tony Stewart, (no really) tells me it has a 440 in it. So I start looking the car over, closely. See how many wrongs, you can find with this picture.

img0000(4).jpg

img0000(5).jpg

img0001(2).jpg

img0001(3).jpg

img0002(2).jpg

img0002(3).jpg
img0002(4).jpg

Last edited:
What mook slap that together?

Ok guys, stat the list!

I'll take car of the nonbrainer "Black engine bash" for you guys.
LMAO

What mook slap that together?

Ok guys, stat the list!

I'll take car of the nonbrainer "Black engine bash" for you guys.
LMAO
Your right, and today I met the guy that owned it, he was a piece of work. It may be hard to tell by the pictures put after we have some fun, I'll tell the whole story.

Sharktooth grille was only 71/72 wasn't it? Is there something going on with the K member? It's hard to tell. Column shift with bucket seats. Hate those steering wheel covers.

its a re-body. 73 was the ONLY year the OSAC valve was mounted on the firewall. A true 70 wouldn't have it because it wasn't even developed yet. The heater box is also the 73+ flange type with 3 bolts not the 4 bolts like 67-72. So unless someone changed out the firewall and cowl....its a re-body on a 73 body shell.

That explains why the rally dash is missing and everything points to 73+ the inner door tops are plastic (73+) not metal

img0002(4).jpg

Rebody, imposter , fake, whatever you want to call it..........
What's with that slip yoke?
Gotta love the steering wheel cover though, it must be pretty comfy!

Hard to make out in my phone. Is that a short tail shaft 727? Rv drivetrain maybe?

73 style k-frame and trans mounts.

its a re-body. 73 was the ONLY year the OSAC valve was mounted on the firewall. A true 70 wouldn't have it because it wasn't even developed yet. The heater box is also the 73+ flange type with 3 bolts not the 4 bolts like 67-72. So unless someone changed out the firewall and cowl....its a re-body on a 73 body shell.

That explains why the rally dash is missing and everything points to 73+ the inner door tops are plastic (73+) not metal

View attachment 1714987701
Also not a 70 Only Steering wheel.

Man those wheels are Ugly.

lets not forget the flexhose on the radiator, thats always classy

Wow, how nice of you to go in to a shop and take pictures of someones car to post here and ask other to tear it apart. I realize this is the train wreck mentality society we have become but I still find this tacky. At least Rainy Day Auto took the high road in one of his posts.

Wow, how nice of you to go in to a shop and take pictures of someones car to post here and ask other to tear it apart. I realize this is the train wreck mentality society we have become but I still find this tacky. At least Rainy Day Auto took the high road in one of his posts.
I think had you met the assclown and listened to his BS and arrogance you would think different!

View attachment 1714987701
The OSAC valve was one of the first things that got me thinking.

You can't tell by the pictures but the dash VIN is held on by plain aluminum rivets. What else can you see?

I think had you met the assclown and listened to his BS and arrogance you would think different!

I get it, and God knows I'm not perfect by any stretch. I just can't help thinking of the rabbit in Bambi stating what his father said. Had this car been listed for sale and the guy trying to pass off something that isn't. By all means help a guy out and point out things, tear him/it up. But to tear apart someones work so I can justify my existence without being invited in. You know, I got told along time ago. Even if some one is viewed as a piece of ****. You can still learn from them.

Last edited:
I get it, and God knows I'm not perfect by any stretch. I just can't help thinking of the rabbit in Bambi stating what his father said. Had this car been listed for sale and the guy trying to pass off something that isn't. By all means help a guy out and point out things, tear him/it up. But to tear apart someones work so I can justify my existence without being invited in. You know, I got told along time ago. Even if some one is viewed as a piece of ****. You can still learn from them.

He better not ever take it where Mopar people go then, because he'll get worse than we see here. :D
Like said already though, it is hotrodding.
Remember when we were young and used to laugh at one of our car buddies when he drove up with 10 inches of shackles showing?
Same thing, but we don't know the guy.:D

He better not ever take it where Mopar people go then, because he'll get worse than we see here. :D
Like said already though, it is hotrodding.
Remember when we were young and used to laugh at one of our car buddies when he drove up with 10 inches of shackles showing?
Same thing, but we don't know the guy.:D
I'm not picking on what the guy did or does with his Duster. What this is , is a service message to all FABO members in case they ever see this POS for sale. RUN!!!!! I believe most guys here could figure out what happened here if they see it in person and would not buy it. But I would relly hate to see someone that doesn't know how to spot a fake, pay stupid money for a "real" 340 car only to have the wind knocked out of their sale when they learn better. I will tell the rest of the story shortly.

I'm not picking on what the guy did or does with his Duster. What this is , is a service message to all FABO members in case they ever see this POS for sale. RUN!!!!! I believe most guys here could figure out what happened here if they see it in person and would not buy it. But I would relly hate to see someone that doesn't know how to spot a fake, pay stupid money for a "real" 340 car only to have the wind knocked out of their sale when they learn better. I will tell the rest of the story shortly.

Oh I get it Roy.
Can't save em all you know. :D

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

DANG! This girl is GOOD!
YEA Rani! Knock'em dead kid! You flipping go girl!!!

-
Back