I hate being called a....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
....photographer. Fat Guy With a Camera...no problem...but photographer...makes my skin crawl.
Last race at the dragstrip at Spokane County Raceway I heard OJ, the announcer rambling on about....who knows. I then heard him say "anyone looking for images can just go to our track photographers Facebook page Doug Cranns Pictures. Crap...what's this "our track photographer" nonsense?
At the drivers meeting for that event I had them announce that I wanted to take Winners Circle images. Well, thanks to the Covid crap...lets just say they could not be posted.
Craig , the guy who signed the lease for the track for this year has held a couple of Wednesday night Open Road Course events. Normally on ORC events he is there to make sure he has enough people to cover what needs covering and then splits. Yesterday at the ORC drivers meeting he pulls me aside and said we need to talk. Great...what did I do to piss you off THIS time?
He proceeds to tell me...notice I said tell not ask...that for the remaining points races I am to go into his office when I get there and pick up the box of trophies. He wants me to park near the winners circle...class winners want their trophy they need to come and see me....he wants me to post, as long as certain "rules" are met, winners circle images...
I am truly grateful that Craig has allowed me track access. He gave me another pass to get in this year. And has given me permission to go wherever I please...
Just got notified that the NHRA Division 6 ET Finals have been relocated...again....Originally they were supposed to be here in Spokane but thanks to the track being in limbo in January they were moved to Woodburn. Thanks to the restrictions that Woodburn is under the ET Finals are now going to be held in Boise. Will be sending them an email here shortly...hopefully I can get access this year...

Ink, no matter what they call you at least you are able to do something you enjoy & get to see some great racing also. Good luck, I hope you get the credentials for the divisional race. Bill

I don't understand why you are so sensitive about being referred to by the thing that you seem to be doing....................Christ Almighty, buddy you are starting to sound like a liberal..........

At least you aren't using a Nikon...........

Your overly sensitive on this.
Also, IMO, what you should / could have done is said what you said here. To the track owner I would have said;

“Thanks but I just wanted to take photos for my own self and not be a rep or official photographer for the track and/or the drivers.”

On taking orders on where to be and what to do, hand out trophies, if you don’t want to do that then tell him so straight away and promptly. Be Gracious and thankful to him. And let them know that you still want to take pictures, but, not as an official photographer for the track.

-
Back