I hate my new computer!!!

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
Bought a new computer a couple of weeks ago. I can't do a dam thing with it. Makes me wish I was a computer geek. ( no offense to computer geeks)
I've been trying to download pictures to this site with no luck. I know I'm not to bright on using a computer but at least I could handle my old one ok. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point. At least I can surf FABO and ****!!!

Don't know what ta tell ya

What did you use to resize your photos in the OLD computer? If you used something that "came with Windows" it's likely also in the new one

If you had software for your camera in the old one, you'll have to install it in the new one

There's a bunch of free download "tools" you can get from Microshaft

and then there's Google, I'm assuming you have Windows h-eight

(Hint.....sometimes it pays to lay off the **** and use Google to actually search for something useful)

https://www.google.com/search?num=4...iona...0...1.1.32.serp..4.18.2045.GSbleK5fOug

First off is it a PC or a Apple Mac?
PC: Does the computer have Windows Live Photo Gallery on it?
Go to edit tab there you should find a resize tab.

As far as a Mac I have no idea what that has.

Hope this helps. They may have changed things in Windows 8 .

Thanks for the advice. I went from windows 8 to 8.1 I just need to spend some time learning this new crap. Plus I have a friend when he has a chance will help me figure out this crap.

Bought a new laptop when my old one died. Yep, Windows 8, and yeah, I hate it. I'm at an age, that I don't want to HAVE to learn new things. By the time, I learn how to use this program, sure enough, they will change it again.

first go here and download the free program.. http://www.irfanview.com/

this is for doing a single picture at a time.. you can do an entire folder with this program also. i'll get to that later..lol

1) open the program
2) drag the pic you want to resize into the window of infanview. it will look like this..

resize1.gif

3) at the top of the page click on image. then goto resize/resample.

resize2.gif

4) then when the window opens make sure everything looks like it does where my yellow arrows are. you can actually put any number in the "set new size" section and play with different size pics. but 640x480 is a good internet size.

resize3.gif

5) click save and pick a place you want to save it.. and your done.. :)

ok to do an entire folder of pics at one time. its fast as hell too...

1) open infan view program.

2) click on "file" at the top of the page, then on "batch conversion/rename.."

batchresize1.gif

3) click the "look in" drop down menu and find the folder witht he pics you want to resize.

batchresize2.gif

4) click on the folder and open it. (you'll see all the pics in th efolder in that lil window) click on add all (circled in blue).

5) click browse ( red arrow) and find where you want to put the pictures. i usually put a cropped folder inside the original folder to keep everything separate.

6) click on advanced (green arrow)

batchresize3.gif

7) after you hit on advanced make sure everything looks like this.. where it says "set new size" (black arrow) just put the size pic you want there. make sure "overwrite existing files" is NOT checked (circled in green).

batchresize4-1.gif

8) hit OK. then start batch and it will resize the pics and put them in the folder you selected.. :)

Thanks Joe. Looks like a great program. I like the option to resize a whole folder. This will be a help to all! tmm

Cool! Thanks Joe. Of course my modem just crapped out. Now I have to fix this first. Dam it!!!

If you hate it, throw it in the ditch.

What did you "used to" use? What happened to that computer? For example, (regardless of what Microshaft says) you can pull the product key off your old Winhozed 7 machine sticker (so long as you no longer use it) and re-install Winhozed 7 using that product key. "Of course" you need the Windhozed 7 media WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD!!!!!

Hell I've got one machine here I paid 40 bucks for ......JUST FOR a Winhoared 7 pro key!!!!

The last one was windows 7. ( It crashed) Biggest complaint I have with 8, no start menu. I did see on the news that Microsoft may add a start menu to a future update.

Too late now, since you have already made your purchase, but from the sounds of things, you mostly use your computer for web browsing. I would have recommended an iPad. Much faster and simpler to use than a full blown computer.

I rarely get on my computer anymore unless I need to access one of my programs like Quickbooks. I know this is not the right solution for everybody, but for web browsing, email Facebook, whatever, it is great.

-
Back