I hate thieves

-
I HATE to bring up a politician but it's the truth......long about the time Lyndon Johnson did some of the things he did is when it started sliding out of control. We can point to some things well before that, but by and large, that's it. ......and again, I'm not trying to politicize this, as in MY opinion, it's not a republican or democrat thing. It's a crooked politician thing. There's plenty enough of those on both sides so neither side can really point the finger at the other.
Lbj was at the "helm" ( if there ever was a "non-controlled" one) during some of the 'Nam conflict. I was in a bike club ( pro Vet and Handicapped kids) foe a few years, and before that, i lived with some Nam Combat Vets.... but I don't claim to know everything, but I've been slightly educated about the Great Society and the War on Poverty

A incident that stayed with me
A few years back there was a young car thief that robbed a high end car out of someones driveway....Now to cut it short the police were following him in the stolen car and this POS was driving at high speeds and ran a red light and T boned a car.....A young mom was riding in that car and she was ejected out of the car. She was killed instantly. Her head was crushed
The stolen car after its hit that car crashed and the driver fled the scene with police in chasing him
Eventually he was caught and no he wasnt realised. His story was he wasnt the driver just a passenger. What happened was he pleaded or was convicted and is in prison
Some stories like this just seem to stick with you for whatever reasons, maybe it could of been my wife my daughter or now my granddaughter laying dead in the street, her head so mangled she was unrecognisable
I would have wished this scumbag thief would have died in that crash or maybe turned reaching into his pocket while being chased and that police officer putting a bullet into his head....maybe it should work this way, a life for a life and while nothing will bring back that young woman maybe a message needs to be sent
As we speak there is a 29 yr old EMT mother of a young child, laying in a hospital bed fighting off infections from her just amputated leg just above the knee
She was struck by a car driven by someone competed stoned out on some illegal narcotic, the driver hit this young woman as she got out of her car....It happened that fast
29 years old and lost her leg to some stoned out junkie low life
Sometimes there is just no justice no rime or reason in this world
I can agree with the No Reasons or Rhymes... but, if we're Here, let's look into Where the Junk comes from, and who Rolls it in?

Many years ago, I worked in a factory that ran 24/7. Every so often, low life's would come into the parking lot to steal parts from cars. Cops did nothing. We set up a roving patrol of employees that were on break, and caught a couple of them. Called the cops, and when they went to court, they were given 30 days supended, and did not have to make restitution for the damage to the cars. The next time some were caught, they got the **** beat out of them, and they were told "don't worry about the cops, worry about us". Solved the problem.
Yessir, the "we don't call cops" Credo, perhaps not founded by the BoozeFighters MC BUT DEFINITELY locked in by them, Works! I'm as far from California as you can get I've never met a Booze Fighter, but I have used that phrase!

The thieves knocking off the local WalMart and CVS are not the kind of thieves that stole this car.

Let's actually think about this for a second. The car was stolen after the owner died. Which means, the thieves likely knew who owned the car, knew he had died, and showed up with something to tow what I assume to be a pretty sizeable race trailer. And did they know the car was in the trailer?

They also knew the chassis was worth a lot more than the body, and that the body would attract all the attention.

Thieves that steal trailers (and there are plenty of those too) don't abandon the trailers, they abandon the cars inside them. Plenty of other stories like that out there, even about race trailers with race cars inside. The cars are recovered more than infrequently, the trailers aren't.

So who steals a very recently dead man's race car and trailer, cuts up the body and abandons a trailer worth many thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars, and keeps the chassis? Another racer does.

I mean, maybe it's all just a bunch of coincidences. But it seems to me that someone that knew about that chassis stole it. If it was a random act, the chassis wouldn't have been the thing that was kept.

The thieves knocking off the local WalMart and CVS are not the kind of thieves that stole this car.

Let's actually think about this for a second. The car was stolen after the owner died. Which means, the thieves likely knew who owned the car, knew he had died, and showed up with something to tow what I assume to be a pretty sizeable race trailer. And did they know the car was in the trailer?

They also knew the chassis was worth a lot more than the body, and that the body would attract all the attention.

Thieves that steal trailers (and there are plenty of those too) don't abandon the trailers, they abandon the cars inside them. Plenty of other stories like that out there, even about race trailers with race cars inside. The cars are recovered more than infrequently, the trailers aren't.

So who steals a very recently dead man's race car and trailer, cuts up the body and abandons a trailer worth many thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars, and keeps the chassis? Another racer does.

I mean, maybe it's all just a bunch of coincidences. But it seems to me that someone that knew about that chassis stole it. If it was a random act, the chassis wouldn't have been the thing that was kept.
Yeah we did kinda go off on a tangent. lol

You'll get no argument from me.
Yessir! Now, perhaps he had a Widow that needed him alive to help with medical issues, he was taking care of an Elderly Family Family member, or even had kids in College (ugh) ? Point I'm Trying to Make, it was His Car, Trailer, set up Ect! NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO IT!!!!!!!
RANT over...Sorry,
May the Owner Rest in Peace, His Family find Peace, Comfort, and Solace, as well as his Friends and Loved ones....
The Crooks?
Grab em for us

Yessir, but They're still Thieves!

Yeah, except not thieves anyone in this thread has been talking about.

Think about racers and who buys a finished rolling chassis with no history at all. Like how much money would that chassis be worth without any documentation at all? Like nobody would buy that chassis without the history. Heck, who even buys a used race engine without a history?
Yessir! Now, perhaps he had a Widow that needed him alive to help with medical issues, he was taking care of an Elderly Family Family member, or even had kids in College (ugh) ? Point I'm Trying to Make, it was His Car, Trailer, set up Ect! NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO IT!!!!!!!
RANT over...Sorry,
May the Owner Rest in Peace, His Family find Peace, Comfort, and Solace, as well as his Friends and Loved ones....
The Crooks?
Grab em for us

No one said that the thieves had a right to it. But the reality is that there's a chance that whoever stole that chassis is gonna run it or its drivetrain. The thief in this case is one of "us".

So let's drop the political nonsense about Walmarts closing, or illegal drug smuggling, and all that other noise. Cause another racer stole that car, and probably someone that knew about it too. It's a whole lot of coincidences for a random grab, and the wrong stuff was abandoned.

Think about racers and who buys a finished rolling chassis with no history at all. Like how much money would that chassis be worth without any documentation at all? Like nobody would buy that chassis without the history. Heck, who even buys a used race engine without a history?

No one said that the thieves had a right to it. But the reality is that there's a chance that whoever stole that chassis is gonna run it or its drivetrain. The thief in this case is one of "us".

So let's drop the political nonsense about Walmarts closing, or illegal drug smuggling, and all that other noise. Cause another racer stole that car, and probably someone that knew about it too. It's a whole lot of coincidences for a random grab, and the wrong stuff was abandoned.
Who knows? Couldda been someone that was a friend at one time.

Well, that's possibly true, But let's Say, somebody watched one too many episodes of Street Outlaws, or was paid to "repo that for me" just sayin', Lotta Co-inkydinkys... nothing good. If that CHASSIS was cert'ed, well, hope the FAMILY gets it. And a Theif, AIN'T one of Us....

Who knows? Couldda been someone that was a friend at one time.

Exactly. Or an opponent sore about always losing? Or an old mechanic that worked on it and had a falling out? Lots of possibilities, and who really knows. I sure don't. All I'm saying is it really doesn't seem like a random crime, and its above the level of most of the kind of thieves that people in this thread are complaining about.

The way to figure this out isn't to turn it into a political poo throwing contest, it's to look for fancy race parts for sale for cheap.

Well, that's possibly true, But let's Say, somebody watched one too many episodes of Street Outlaws, or was paid to "repo that for me" just sayin', Lotta Co-inkydinkys... nothing good. If that CHASSIS was cert'ed, well, hope the FAMILY gets it. And a Theif, AIN'T one of Us....

Yeah, somebody watched too many episodes of Street Outlaws and just happened to know about that 'Vette, and the name of the guy that owned it, and that he just passed away, and it was still in his trailer.

Heck, for all we know it was family that did it. Maybe somebody not in the will? Family stuff gets real ugly, especially when someone has passed and there's inheritance to sort out.

And you can say they're not one of us, but the reality is that there are plenty of people in this community that are thieves, liars and scammers too. We've seen them right here on this site on many occasions.

Exactly. Or an opponent sore about always losing? Or an old mechanic that worked on it and had a falling out? Lots of possibilities, and who really knows. I sure don't. All I'm saying is it really doesn't seem like a random crime, and its above the level of most of the kind of thieves that people in this thread are complaining about.

The way to figure this out isn't to turn it into a political poo throwing contest, it's to look for fancy race parts for sale for cheap.

Yeah, somebody watched too many episodes of Street Outlaws and just happened to know about that 'Vette, and the name of the guy that owned it, and that he just passed away, and it was still in his trailer.

Heck, for all we know it was family that did it. Maybe somebody not in the will? Family stuff gets real ugly, especially when someone has passed and there's inheritance to sort out.

And you can say they're not one of us, but the reality is that there are plenty of people in this community that are thieves, liars and scammers too. We've seen them right here on this site on many occasions.
I dig what Yer sayin'....

True, but John's thread & He introduced the tangent, so it grew. Either racers in the know, or someone who knows racers, & saw an opportunity to strip it & flip it.

I cannot agree more. We need to bring back public hangings. On Sunday after church in the town square. People singing Hymns. Then get the hanging done and eat fried chicken afterwards.

Yes sir. We need that back again.

That's about where I at with the whole thing. Definitely NOT to Glorify Death or Violence, but Rape, Murder, Child Molesters, Ect, Just Gotta go. If Proved, Beyond A Reasonable Doubt, that's it. Maybe 1 appeal, upon strong review. NO free 20 year Housing and Feedings, No lessons for the Kids thinking that way is an Easy, Glamorous Life. And they way they Have made the Youngin's All Sissy-fied? That outta help some.

How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your bloodlust?

Yessir, the "we don't call cops" Credo, perhaps not founded by the BoozeFighters MC BUT DEFINITELY locked in by them, Works! I'm as far from California as you can get I've never met a Booze Fighter, but I have used that phrase!

And hope the criminals don't decide to call and raise. There are people who would HAPPILY track you down and set your house on fire after torturing your children to death.

-
Back