i have a problem with my 8 1/4 please help me

-

PapstXX

Reaction score
Where i can buy a Sure grip for my 8 1/4 incl. bearings ?

I have this one : 8 1/4 with 2.45:1 gear ratio 27 spline.

Built by the Dana Corporation, the housing is cast iron with tubular steel axle tubes pressed and welded in to form a complete carrier and tube assembly. The gear assembly is accessed by removing an inspection cover having 10 bolts. 8.25" axles use either the "7260" or "7290" style U-joints. All 8.25" rears had 3" axle tubes with large bolt pattern (5 X 4.5" bolt circle) axles. Units with a 2.45:1 gear ratio have a special case that will not accept any other gear ratio. The axles are retained by a c-clip on either side. All axles were 27 spline until 1997 when they were upgraded to 29 spline.
Although the consensus among many Mopar enthusiasts is that a Sure-Grip (limited slip) equiped 8.25" rear is good for up to 500 crank horsepower, it fares much better in street applications than the strip, and in lighter cars than heavy cars. Open 8.25" differentials are more prone to fail at higher horsepower levels than Sure-Grip units. The 8.25" axle has considerable aftermarket support since it was so widely used in the 1970s for performance use.

Used extensively in passenger cars beginning in 1972, Two differential carriers were used in most of these axles. Any ratios smaller than 2.71:1 used one carrier and anything above 2.71:1 used a larger carrier. The housing is accessed from a rear cover that is about 11 1/4 inches across by 10 1/4 inches high

:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:Thanks for your help brother and sister :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

:cheers:

Mopar Madness in Eaton, Colorado shows an 8 1/4' Detroit TruTrack diff on their ebay store. Call 'em and talk to John. I don't know if that special carrier for your 2.45 will matter. Tell John that his 8 3/4 axle customer in Austin, Texas said "Hi".

ATB

BC

I hope i find a other way for cheap price !

a Mopar brother from Germany offer me a 8 1/4 with 2.76 gear ratio i hope for small money .

-
Back