I HAVE NOTHING BUT HEADLIGHTS "update '

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Let me start from the beginning. I started with headlights & all park lights except for the left front. I put a new bulb in & then checked the turn signals. I have no turn signals. I found that the turn signal cam was broke & i had blown the fuse for the interior lights. So i replaced the cam & fuse. Now i have nothing at all but the head lights. No interior lights, park lights & turn signals. All the fuses look good & the fuse box isnt all rusted up. Wiring issues are a big problem for me. Most times i dont even know where to start. Could it be as simple as the head light switch is bad ? OK i got everything working but turn signals & dash lights The dash lights im thinking its because i changed to LEDs Now when i turn the flashers on it blows the fuse that says "tail lamp & stop dome. Thats the only fuse that blows. I also down loaded a 67 barracuda wiring diagram & i cant see anything that would make that fuse blow

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my then pretty new 90 D150. I thought it was the headlight switch, but ended up being a blown fuse. Double check all the fuses first, but the headlight switch is most likely the problem if not a blown fuse.

LETS START WITH what the heck are ya workin on?
56 Studbucket?

Hemi powered Farmall?

1997 Forthoughtmenot waistinaway?

THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH in most Mopars has TWO separate power supplies. One is NOT fused and comes from the black wire off the ammeter from the "welded splice." This supplies HEADLIGHTS ONLY

the second power source comes off a fuse and supplies the tail/ park lamps, the dimmer controlleded dash lights.

IF YOU do not have a factory service manual (and I don't know what you are working on) go to MyMopar and download the closest one. You may have to settle for Plymouth vs Dodge and vise versa

OK If you don't have one you can download a 67 service manual from MyMopar. Look around that site. There are service manuals, and the "special Barracuda" wiring for some years, as well as aftermarket wiring diagrams. These are sometimes easier to follow but leave out some details sometimes.

I have all my lights working except the dash lights. Not sure whats up with them. I took the LED dash lights out & put the original style back in & still nothing.

GREAT!!! Progress!!

OK the dash lights are a "bit of a trick."

The dash dimmer control on the light switch is powered off the tail/ park circuit. Dimmer controlled power comes out on tan, and goes TO the fuse box INST fuse which is the small value fuse clear to one end of the box. From there, dimmer controlled power goes to all lamps on ORANGE wiring.

So the parking lights must be operable

The dash dimmer control must be working and "turned to the left" (try turning and wiggling the XXXX out of it!!!)

The INST fuse must be good

And of course some dash lamps or other must be operable

GREAT!!! Progress!!

OK the dash lights are a "bit of a trick."

The dash dimmer control on the light switch is powered off the tail/ park circuit. Dimmer controlled power comes out on tan, and goes TO the fuse box INST fuse which is the small value fuse clear to one end of the box. From there, dimmer controlled power goes to all lamps on ORANGE wiring.

So the parking lights must be operable

The dash dimmer control must be working and "turned to the left" (try turning and wiggling the XXXX out of it!!!)

The INST fuse must be good

And of course some dash lamps or other must be operable
yep i have park lights turn signal & high beam indicators work i dont have a radio or heater controls to see if there lights work yea i pushed pulled turned it all the way to the left and right but no go fuse is good

Have you changed out the fuse or checked it with a meter? They burn off inside the caps sometimes & still look good visually.

Last edited:
Here's some good headlights.
LINDA BUST.jpg

-
Back