i love my little router

-
I was thinking you love your router because it reliably connects you to high speed internet streaming, and lots of fabo

I was thinking you love your router because it reliably connects you to high speed internet streaming, and lots of fabo
What are you talking about. You little whippersnapper?
A router is a wood working tool that turns wood into kindling

I bought it a few years ago for a different project (see link )
gaurd house clock urn

It has been the MOST useful wood working tool I have...second to a miter saw

I was finishing up some window trim in a shed and I needed some boards that were 2 1/8 inch wide

3 passes with the router turned my 3 inch boards into 2 1/8 boards

Then I switched blades, tips, whatever they are called and put a nice round edge on them

I will fill that edge with caulk later for a nice seal

20190620_193431.jpg

20190620_193508.jpg

Got to use Dads router, I got all his wood working tools when he passed. Table top version, works great. Not very comfortable with it yet, but made toy boxes for the grandbabies.
Nice work!

Thanks, a table top version would be nice...i was a little worried I might loose a digit coming around the edge
but this thing has been so versatile, I love it

my wife is an ace with a router

we own three

ryobi trim router

skill router table

plunge router

Here you go @Rainy Day Auto

The wood I used is pine tongue and groove
The tongue fits into the groove, making a nice solid sheet (you can see it in the final pictures)

I used the router to remove the tongues and grooves, putting a nice round edge on
(Only downside is I had to cut them under 45s instead of just putting the vertical boards in between the horizontals)

It was a fun little project

20190627_111214.jpg

20190627_102343.jpg

20190627_111229.jpg

20190627_101053.jpg

They are fun but ya' got to be super careful. I have a 1/4" Craftsman handheld and 1/2" DE Walt screwed onto the router table.
I've made some rails and stiles for cabinet doors. Trimmed flooring. Trimmed and angled oak slab doors to fit. Routed 2 X 4 cedar top and bottom rails for the porch fencing.
upload_2019-6-27_13-1-48.png
upload_2019-6-27_13-5-28.png

upload_2019-6-27_13-12-24.png

And if you want to have some more fun, rather than grind, you can quarter round your 1/2" steel plate work top in several passes with a good carbide cutter.

yeah an unsafely used router can make a finger disappear real quick.

one of the few tools I'm actually almost afraid of in certain situations

funny you mention removing tongues and grooves

we even have a dremel router attachment, and we used that to put back tongues and grooves on a whole bunch of take out wood flooring my wife's brother go real chaep

@Cope

Here's that frame I was working on
I decided to use the router to make a slot to put the hinges in
(I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to a PM, so I figured I'd drop them here)

20190906_135152.jpg

20190906_135200.jpg

20190906_135215.jpg

I needed a scroll saw this week (cutting thin walnut for the instrument cluster of my Barracuda). I wound up using one at a friend's shop/company (POS equipment company, but he's got his private workshop in the back). While looking for one I was given a 16" Craftsman that needed some repairs. It works now...

You can admit to your little router if you want to. But my router is really big. Ask Kitty.

Anyone who has ever tried to disassemble a pallet knows they do not go willingly AT ALL.

Special heavy duty threaded nails make removing them an almost 100% fail rate.
Not easy to cut either.

Anyone who has ever tried to disassemble a pallet knows they do not go willingly AT ALL.

Special heavy duty threaded nails make removing them an almost 100% fail rate.
Not easy to cut either.

by far the easiest way to remove the nails from a skid is to burn it and then sift through the ashes

I used mine to repair the trunk divider for my Barracuda. Some prior owner had cut some jagged speaker holes.

ZUvdmYy.jpg

olFcUWA.jpg

NnTY7yr.jpg

Fyi,with the correct bits,it can route plastic too,also thin aluminum.

Now you can iron and pee at the same time.

...but the hazards are similar to frying bacon in the nude.

-
Back